Drug trafficker alters fingerprints with skin implants and evades capture for 15 years

augmented reality stenography… :exploding_head:

1 Like

Is it a “condition” of some sort? Is there a name for it, like “bad fingerprint itis?”

Unfortunately some rather influential people do think that having two phones(never mind the encryption) is pretty mind-blowing stuff.

Authentic Supreme Court justices working the jurisprudence mines; largely unsullied by empirical exposure. (Unrelated to this guy’s case; but the upshot was basically that warrantless phone searches are super urgent because having two phones isn’t a thing that people who justices Roberts or Scalia know do, so it seems not unlikely that they have colleagues who are similarly impressed by ‘two encrypted phones’)

On page 49:

CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS: It’s not a bomb, but
5 this a different case. This is somebody in an area
6 selling drugs where the police have told us they
7 typically use cell phones to arrange the deals and the
8 transfers, and this guy is caught with two cell phones.
9 Why would he have two cell phones?
10 MS. MIZNER: Many people have more than ­­
11 have multiple cell phones. I ­­ there was no ­­
12 CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS: Really? What is ­­
13 what is your authority for the statement that many
14 people have multiple cell phones on their person?
15 MS. MIZNER: Just observation. But ­­
16 JUSTICE SCALIA: You’ve observed different
17 people from the people that I’ve observed.

3 Likes
1 Like

I have no idea- I would guess yes.

Nope. I type a lot, I sometimes wash clothes by hand, but I’m not searing my digitals with hot iron or something like that… And there’s a lot of people like me in your average sample of population.

Methinks the condition would be “biometrics are less efficient than people think itis”

4 Likes

Actually the fbi admitted falsifying dna probabilities

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.