Elections 2023 and 2024

I have strong suspicions that both of these are being funded by Bannon associates. So, remind me, who was it that Il Douche debated in the repub primaries in 2020?

12 Likes

But he has KENNEDY right in his name! He must be a good candidate! /s

11 Likes

“ To Mark Robinson, gay and transgender people are “filth”, homosexuality is an abominable sin, and the transgender movement is “demonic” and “full of the spirit of the antichrist”.

Muslim Americans, meanwhile, are invaders, and Robinson is not afraid to dabble in antisemitism: in his mind an international cabal of Jewish financiers make up a modern-day “four horsemen of the apocalypse”, who rule the banks in “every single country”.”

2 Likes

The heat and humidity of the South is rotting people’s brains.

3 Likes

Don’t get scared, get mad then VOTE!!

John Lewis Vote GIF by GIPHY News

10 Likes

We need this in every damned election this year and next.

8 Likes

Related, this was in the paper earlier this week.

5 Likes

That’s depressing!

8 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

:thinking: I didn’t see any mention of the pandemic in there at all. I know that made a big difference in the number of registered voters between 2018 and 2022. Lists of registered voters aren’t always accurate because of issues like this:

Now it looks like the discrepancies in state records could get even worse:

11 Likes
4 Likes

Happy Ron Desantis GIF by GIPHY News

You know, that’s just, your opinion, like!

6 Likes

It’s smart of Colin Alfred to have his first campaign ad on a football field. Texas really does like its football.
Cruz has always been an asshole. He might have done it on purpose, to link Alfred and Bragg in the minds of his donors.

Edit to add: I’m actually kind of excited about Colin Alfred running

10 Likes

Allred was legitimately a college football star. Cancun Cruz using a photo of Bragg instead just tells me Cruz is tired, sad, and scared.

But what else is new? Seriously though… Fuck Ted Cruz.

8 Likes

American political journalism is so hilariously broken, isn’t it? We’re at a point where a news network is platforming an indicted former president and treating him like he’s a normal candidate by giving him a town hall (I’m looking at you, CNN). The only reasonable thing to do at this point is to let the silliness wash over you like a glittering red, white, and blue slime mold. Submit to the great blob of freedom; listen as it hums Lee Greenwood while slithering down your ear canal, going full cordyceps on your brain.

6 Likes
7 Likes

I’m going to have some of the special scotch when he ends up in prison.

9 Likes

My cousin Donnie is right you guys…

5 Likes
1 Like