Elon Musk's Hyperloop: Shit's getting real-ish

?

1 Like

As a resident of seattle I am well aware of tunneling equipment and what can go wrong. Oddly the tunnel machine for the light rail is moving along nicely with no issues so far and ahead of schedule if I remember the last I heard about it right.

1 Like

I think self-driving cars will be great for many reasons, not least of which humans are absolutely awful at driving themselves without killing others, being jerks, having the attention span of a gnat, etc., but I think, like so many other things here, the poor folks are going to get left behind (again). Given the price of cars that have even a modicum of automated security features (such as Volvo’s pedestrian avoidance system and the like), I have to think that a fully automated car will not be affordable to anyone but the rich for the near term, and the middle class for the longer term.

And as you noted below, I would expect that places of employment for low-income workers will likely be located in the inner city or similar areas with the navigational problems you mention (frequent changes in lanes, directional markers/signs, etc.).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.