Enshittification: The Thread

The Steam subreddit has been forced back open.

Looks like Reddit is forcing another sub open, but there are users advocating changing the sub to be about actual steam.

4 Likes

actual steam

Surely they can all find a thread on that started by someone or other here at bbs.

Munchkin Cat GIF

Chill Chilling GIF by Vienna Pitts

15 Likes

From a link in there, it looks like an r/piracy mod got booted

3 Likes

See also: Rocket Player.

1 Like
2 Likes

Seems like this belongs here…

6 Likes
5 Likes

15 Likes
5 Likes

The social media wars… the modern version of the Cola wars?

2 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

That’s bad. I’ve used 2 of those…
Of the 3; H&R Block, TaxAct and TaxSlayer, H&R Block is the absolute shittiest, since they already charge an arm and a leg to do your taxes. Greedy fucks.

6 Likes

I find myself surprised that Intuit isn’t one of the Named Parties here.

5 Likes

I guess I am, too. They seemed to be pro-consumer until they weren’t (when they stopped offering “real” free tax prep). Still, H&R Block is not surprising AT ALL.

4 Likes

That didn’t take long.

4 Likes

The Korean tech giant is transforming from a hardware-oriented business to a platform-based service model that continuously generates profits. That means ads and upselling owners on services and features.

2 Likes

Well, this just ensures I’m not going to buy an LG TV, or much anything, in the future.

9 Likes

Those would be the messages that the posters own the copyright to. Tucked in the fine-print, Reddit is licensed to use them, but are now acting like it’s their own special hoard to sell to AI harvesters.

4 Likes

It’s recursive!
Using the original example social platform to complain about the enshittification of the latest one right out the gate

2 Likes