🍊🍊🍊🤡🤡 Even More Trumpian Events 🤡🤡🍊🍊🍊 (Part 1)

Apparently Trump is explicitly going after Howard Zinn now.

So:

9 Likes

According to records and 911 audio obtained by HuffPost, on the night of Aug. 30, Jerry Falwell Jr. was intoxicated and apparently injured; his wife, Becki Falwell, described “a lot of blood right now.”

Hm. (Examines semi-colon carefully.) Too much Blood of the Lamb?

4 Likes

I saw that, he was reading off a teleprompter

probably knows as much about Zinn as about Frederick Douglass

8 Likes

As if! It was raining tonight in DC. Trump wasn’t going to risk getting his hair wet.

10 Likes

What’s that from?

3 Likes
7 Likes

Why yes, of course he didn’t go. Soldiers are losers, remember?

8 Likes

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-white-house-conference-american-history/

14 Likes

Oh, there’s even more stupid footage

8 Likes

Not gonna click that.
It’s Friday, and 4 hours from beer o’clock, and I plan to try to enjoy this weekend.

9 Likes

USA still hasn’t figured out details of WeChat ban but promises users won’t be punished

The United States Department of Justice (DoJ) has revealed that the Trump administration has not yet decided exactly what sort of ban it wants to impose on Tencent-operated messaging service WeChat, but that users of the service won’t be subject to any penalties.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I ever told you, but for a while I was using A People’s History in my classes, and there was a right winger who was a part timer over at Emory who decided that meant I was indoctrinating my students, so she actually filed a FOIA (the state version) for my syllabus… Nothing came of it (because it’s a perfectly acceptable textbook), but it was upsetting at the time.

Also, my late aunt took her history class with Zinn way back in the day.

Anyway, I’m sure the AHA will put out a strongly worded letter soon, so I’ll post a link to that if they do.

16 Likes

"U.S. Admits That Congressman Offered Pardon to Assange If He Covered Up Russia Links"

"Trump offered Julian Assange a PARDON deal in return for 2016 DNC emails source disclosure, lawyer says"

An observation of two very different headline spins. The first from The Daily Beast and the second from Russia’s RT.

8 Likes
11 Likes

Buying votes in the heartland…

“USDA also said that up to $100 million in aid for tobacco farmers will come from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act.” Subsidized cancer? WTF

9 Likes

All going according to plan, then. Excellent! (Insert “supervillain rubbing hands” here)

4 Likes
7 Likes

He is? I’ve been meaning to reread “A Peoples’ History,” maybe this is my cue.
ETA: I see you answered this already. Read the entire thread before posting, Clutch! Geez.

8 Likes

13 Likes

It’s only 3 years late.

15 Likes