Metawatch. (Formerly known as Facebookwatch.)

Working in a cesspit does not make for satisfied former employees.

6 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

I didn’t find this one posted yet.

6 Likes

Facebook appeals ruling that it stole tech. So, Italian judge issues new judgment: Pay 10 times the original fine

3 Likes

Punitive damages against those with deep pockets frivolously appealing every little decision against them to the highest court is a weapon too rarely used.

And when it happens it too often turns into a story of “McDonalds paid 4million on damages when someone spilt their coffee! It’s health and safety gone mad!” Rather than the real story of consistent corporate malfeasance.

5 Likes

Banned for two whole days? Wow.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is the new, resposible Facebook now!

1 Like

Facebook tells Portuguese court that a biz called Oink And Stuff makes profile-harvesting browser extensions

Facebook and its Irish subsidiary on Thursday announced the filing of a lawsuit in Portugal against two people for allegedly scraping Facebook profile data and other browser info using malicious Chrome extensions.
[…]

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Good article. The overwhelming impression i get from it is that YOU.CANNOT.REFORM.FACEBOOK. The whole thing needs dismantling, the earth salted and built up from scratch. Not gonna happen probably but it is foundationally compromised as this article lays out, and let’s not forget that the trumpsurrection was mostly organised on FB. Putting aside how ineffectual this neutered oversight board is, it’s not that this particular oversight board is not suited to managing the social media lives of 2.8 billion users it’s that no oversight board will ever be suited to do that. Antitrust needs to have some teeth and break them up.

3 Likes

The main block to reforming Facebook:

4 Likes

Australia facepalms as Facebook blocks bookstores, sport, health services instead of just news

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

The people you may know “feature” has a long history of suggesting stalkers, abusive former partners, a one-off Tinder date etc… Doesn’t surprise me in the least they’d make that more granular as the software improves. So kill Facebook already because christ! :weary:

2 Likes