Fire and Fury, explosive book behind this week's war between Trump and Bannon, released early

We know Trump does - and demands - a lot of dumb shit to/from his lawyers that they constantly struggle to deal with. E.g. routinely lying to his own lawyers (to the point where they only met him in pairs because that was the only way two people in the meetings would agree on what happened in them), reportedly his own lawyers lying to him because that was the only way to keep him from blatant obstruction, etc. I’m guessing he was pretty adamant (i.e. frothing-at-the-mouth crazy) about getting the book blocked and they couldn’t talk him out of it. Trump’s not just a fucking moron, he’s an obsessively stubborn fucking moron.

18 Likes
2 Likes

I’m getting the impression even Trump supporters are starting to think maybe this guy Trump’s a little too nuts to try and hold down a job which includes nuclear launch permissions. The fuckers got to gooooo.

1 Like

Here’s hoping…

10 Likes
12 Likes

And because the orange bastard will never learn: Twitter attack on the publisher/autor/Bannon/Clinton/Kim/the fake news media/the failing NYT/Merkel/the Pope/the Teletubbies/Bananarama in 3…2…1…

5 Likes

I’m glad that the Mother of All Parliaments has never embarrassed itself in this manner.

3 Likes

Let’s see… If Trump were Scientology, he would have his team carefully go over the book to find or infer inaccuracies, no matter how trivial, then crow about them.

After that, when anything close to something in the book is asked about or mentioned, “I’m not going to discuss a Fake Book that was proven to be inaccurate and wrong.”

I don’t know if Trump himself is capable of that last part.

4 Likes

I wonder whether his legal team realize the difference between defending the interests of a middling famous and powerful RE mogul compared to the PRESIDENT OF THE FUCKING US. Trump certainly doesn’t. The sort of lawyer form letter that will get some disgruntled former employee of TRUMP Co to cower just smells like red meat to the guys they are dealing with now. I suspect that they’ve decided that billable hours are billable hours and the chance of getting disbarred for abuse of process is low enough not to worry about.

8 Likes

That’s been my biggest disappointment about this latest chapter in the shitshow–that Breitbart turned on Bannon instead of Trump. I feel like very much Breitbart is the conservative canary in the coal mine. When they break with Trump, the administration is going down.

6 Likes

As Colbert said last night, Trump has accused Wolfe both of lying, and of revealing secrets.

Well, which is it?

6 Likes

The comments are all over the place between Trump and Bannon, but that could be due to a lot of the alt-white being in shock.

Yeah, but I’d read Breitbart is trying to push Bannon out now.

3 Likes

They can push him out, but I don’t know how their base is going to react. Some will ragequit.

1 Like

Let’s hope.

1 Like

Given who he’s chosen to represent him, I’d guess “no.”

3 Likes

Tapes, you say? Beware burglars!

*lolz

That’s what I’m thinking too; the huge dollar signs must make the risk seem minimal to them.

2 Likes

What a time to be alive.

4 Likes

Maybe easier to read:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSvhfYiVQAELjZa?format=jpg

Sounds plausible to me, until the last bit. 17 hours?

3 Likes