Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

Whales ingest 10 bits of plastics daily

FTFY, the micro and the mega cancel out(/s)

It’s all I can do to not be sad

4 Likes

Here’s hoping you get a nice big snow pack this winter!

7 Likes

Forecasts are showing the Philadelphia area might reach a high of 80°F/27°C on Monday:

9 Likes

Jesus. In November.

9 Likes

Why does that say November 2020?

5 Likes
9 Likes

Ugh - good catch! Updated now. My favorite search engines are even ignoring dates now. :weary:

5 Likes

That’s some really grim reading. Missed Hallowe’en by a couple days.

3 Likes

Yeah, if George Monbiot ever was pulling punches, he seems to be done with that. I read his Regenesis a few weeks ago and although unfailingly pleasant on one level, the overall message was deeply dire.

3 Likes

Pff, typical climate alarmist, comparing this to the very worst mass extinction. What reason is there to think it will be any worse than the end Triassic one, or the end Cretaceous one tops?

(/s and :cry:)

5 Likes
12 Likes
6 Likes

May 22 was my “Kitty Hawk” moment, in reference to where the Wright Brothers flew. They had to transport their experimental contraptions from Ohio to North Carolina. I have to carry my panel and battery eleven flights to the roof. There are a million ways my experiment isn’t solving all the world’s problems. No one in 1903 could foresee the 747 airliner or a global network of airports either, but the Wright Brothers created a mindset shift that was followed by continual improvement. We overestimate what we can do in a day, and underestimate what we can achieve in a year.

7 Likes

7 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes
11 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes