Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

8 Likes

Her face… :smile:

15 Likes

More negative reactions to the news:

10 Likes

feels like a hot fart outside

10 Likes
6 Likes

Ah, who needs a hammock?

4 Likes
8 Likes

(reprint from the NY Times)

4 Likes

Excuse me while I go out back and dig a gravity well…

8 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes

Well, that’s fucking awful.

9 Likes

So there was this guy who would turn off his AC in the afternoons to save money. He past away in his bathroom and this crime scene cleanup company was sent out to clean up said bathroom (kitchen and living room) and were shocked because they have never seen that many maggots after a 4 day decomposition.

Here’s the link to the YouTube Short about it but we warned, the video goes into gross detail about it and shows some of the cleanup.

As the southern states keep getting hotter, i’m afraid this is going to become much more commonplace.

7 Likes

sounds like the folks at the FBI body farm have some catching up to do!

also: double ick!

4 Likes
11 Likes
8 Likes

Feels like El Niño’s already back. Had a thunderstorm roll through last week. Absolutely surreal for that to happen in January around these parts. Now this, my hyacinths are emerging? If they die cause it gets cold again I won’t know whether to be pissed or relieved!

10 Likes

It’s bad this year. Every day, it’s like I can feel the planet dying. We just had our third “major” snowstorm - a couple of inches of wet, heavy snow that we would normally get in early November or late October. It’s been gorgeous, warm, sunny, and it fills me with despair.

We moved within the metro area a couple of years ago. The new yard has much more life, but so much is still missing. I can’t find newts, frogs, lizards, snakes, even rabbits. We had dragonflies last summer, which was magical…but I remember growing up around here with enormous grasshoppers with wings of black and pale yellow stripes. It took 20 years at my old house before we got the yard to the point we saw one. None here. Everything small is gone. It’s going to collapse so fast.

10 Likes