Floods, Fires, and Heat Domes (the climate change thread)

1 Like
7 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

I think I see a problem here.

6 Likes

CATHERWOOD

Oh, Nancy! Nancy! It’s a success! I’m back! It’s a success! I have proof I’ve been to ancient Greece! Look at this grape! Oh, it’s…

2 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes

And since many car tyres get a second life as boat bumpers it’s easy to lose a tyre in the ocean.

8 Likes

They’ve also been used to build artificial reefs, on the understanding that piles of tyres underwater would provide places for coral to grow and reef fish to hide and breed.

Of course, it turns out that tonnes of old car tyres also degrade and poison the water making it impossible for anything to live there, but it was worth a shot, right? Who could possibly have predicted this outcome? /s

9 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

26th time, and nothing of significance has happened yet. Lots of things said, lots of things promised, nothing done. And this will be another of same.

6 Likes

Like Greta said, “bla bla bla…”

It is a fucking placebo to maintain appearances and keep the peace.

5 Likes

Some are more egregious than others. Like the “Australian Plan”, which is basically

1. Do not raise taxes, do not impose any new costs, do not increase funding for conservation or universities. Certainly don’t stop coal mining. Basically, do nothing.
  2. Assume that someone will invent something which will make the problem go away.
  3. Everything is solved, QED.

Scott Morrison’s “Plan” literally relies on “then a miracle occurs”.

And he took that to Glasgow.

10 Likes

Yeah, the Aussie plan can fuck right off. Banking on SCIENCE! to save the day only works if you actually partner with the nerds in lab coats instead of gaslighting them.

7 Likes

No. 9 is Russian State Media. What is the deal with Russia? Do they want global warming to progress so that they can make Siberia into prime real estate or something?

8 Likes

Do they want global warming to progress so that they can make Siberia into prime real estate or something?

While speaking at a friend’s high school many years ago, Gwynn Dyer joked that the owned land in his native Newfoundland as a hedge against global heating.

7 Likes

12 Likes

Took a sec. Started with “choice a have don’t we Because” WTF? That makes no sense! I am one of those, I guess… :upside_down_face:

6 Likes