Four years of BBS

Falcor’s paid, I thought?

9 Likes

…in partisan tears

12 Likes

8 Likes

Granted it’s been over 5 years since my last ban, but I was given a heads up. And the mods do tell folks to cool it (last time there was several months ago) after which time I’m sure they’d ban me. But I listen and behave like a guest. A loud opinionated guest.

9 Likes

I was given no moderator warning before my 30 day ban six months ago. I just found myself logged out the next time I came to the site.

As codinghorror has mentioned:

Edit: I think we’re hijacking this thread, probably (and again), so I’m happy to think I said my piece here. This isn’t what Jeff was asking about really for the site, I think, and he’s heard the complaints around this moderation issue.

4 Likes

For the first time on BBS today I got a message from a mod basically saying “If you rephrase that it will become unhidden” which is a pretty solid way to moderate adults.

7 Likes

You can imagine one and imagine pressing it.

13 Likes

Liked for that gif. It’s magic!

9 Likes

I put it in the gift bank for future use.

6 Likes

On Reddit for example there is a button on each sub to message the mods and all moderators are listed. Here we don’t know who to contact besides falcor

3 Likes

and felton

4 Likes

Another feature request:

Can we get the BBS to automagically strip out the garbage that Google puts into a link copied from the search results page (I know there’s an actual name for it, but can’t remember)?

For example, stripping this:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjun875yKvRAhWh5IMKHYf8ChMQFghQMAs&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imdb.com%2Ftitle%2Ftt0177789%2Fquotes&usg=AFQjCNE1ZTkdDhWdsDEUGnCzhHksuL_95A&sig2=wnbkD2WBj-TTN7pMrzf6HA

Down to this:

4 Likes

Oh yes, can you de-AMP google links? It’s really annoying that when I’m using my Phone, most Google searches now bring up a link to an AMP version of the webpage.

4 Likes

I just click on the link, wait for the page to load, and post that link instead.

4 Likes

I get that that’s the workaround. Can’t hurt to ask, though.

2 Likes

This is new.

I like. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If you start a new topic with a link… that will happen.

6 Likes

New thing or am I just a bit late?

Either way, it’s neat… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It is fairly new. Makes it easier to start topics, which often do get triggered by “hey, check out this link and let’s discuss it…” Reddit style

2 Likes

Good idea. I can see that being very useful. :thumbsup:

2 Likes