Four years of BBS

Is there an absolute pixel width for “too narrow”?

1 Like

On my PC, the screen is stretched as wide as it will go, without being maximized; there’s something else going on.

2 Likes

I set my browser zoom to 100% (it’s usually at 110%) and here’s what I get for minimum width necessary for the gutter to appear:

making it just a tiny bit less wide, it goes to the bottom docked version:

This is a complex calculation because I am on a 4k monitor and my OS zoom is 175%.

As @eviltrout noted above, it’s possible browser customizations might be interfering?

2 Likes

That’s all I can figure, as no one else has complained of the same issues; at least not to my knowledge.

1 Like

Some other general weirdnesses in your screenshot:

It’s definitely clipped on the right side in a very odd way. Both the hamburger menu and your avatar are missing at the top right for example.

2 Likes

Did you ever figure this out @Melizmatic? Did disabling adblocks work? (You can run in “safe mode” or just use a different browser for a bit to test).

I haven’t tried using a different browser yet, but I have noticed it’s only happening on my work PC; so I think the issue has something to do with Ad-Blocker Plus…

5 Likes

Can we have a new category for writing? There seems to be a bit of interest in a boingboing writer group.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This will arrive soon @discourse is putting the finishing touches on it.

Sorry for posting in the closed topic just wanted to let you know this will be the new default, timed close (this topic is closed for 4 hours, it needs a temporary time out) when too many live flags on a topic, rather than permanent close (this topic is closed until a moderator sees fit to reopen it).

9 Likes

This is done. Check your user preferences under Notifications. Staff can always send you PMs no matter what, of course.

Also you can (finally) self-remove from PMs now as well:

2 Likes