Four years of BBS

Yeah that’s some kind of bug… I couldn’t figure it out with a few edits either. We’ll look into that.

Regardless, you’re adding serious moderator workload with this proposal, versus the implied “go read the community guidelines”. Not to mention the loss aversion issue it exacerbates, which is severe because human nature. But if you are serious about it, I suggest a new meta topic with specifics.

LOL, the Discourse default is 20. So consider yourself lucky. We want posts where people actually write at least a small sentence, not “NOPE!”

6 Likes

20? Ugh. Brevity, wit, etc.

14 Likes

Sometimes “NOPE!” is an appropriate response.

11 Likes

Especially when the alternate option is a gif. :wink: (Right, @codinghorror?)

19 Likes

Seems like an odd request, but OK.

14 Likes

I was gonna say, a GIF is actually preferable to just the word “NOPE”. Both are pretty useless, but at least one of them is entertaining. And entertainment is definitely one of the goals.

8 Likes

26 Likes

… a variety of animated GIFs. Don’t Repeat Yourself, and all that :wink:

9 Likes

20 Likes

It’s getting a bit chatty in here.

9 Likes

A few of the meatier bits should be pulled out as independent meta topics, like @nimelennar’s proposal, the debate about flag handling, long running/annoying bugs or quirks, etc.

5 Likes

7 Likes

All right, I’ve forked off the discussion about flagging. I think that upgrading the internal mechanics of moderation is probably something for the mods to discuss, if it is determined that “moar feedback” is the correct way to fix the flagging issue. The rest of us just don’t have familiarity with the duties, workload, or current interface that the mods have to use, that we would need in order to suggest improvements.

5 Likes

Aha, @nimelennar you had text butting up against the [details] tag at the top. That won’t work. I added a return so there was space between and now it is fine. Sorry, I was going to answer with that, went to check it, and missed the original thing I was going to answer with, which turned out to be the cause…

This is now complete. Once muted, someone can’t PM you. Staff are immune to this, of course.

7 Likes

Huh. I thought that I’d checked that.

Odd that it worked in the preview panel.

Here’s another example, and one that make me uniquely sad:

Is there a better place to drop Onebox failures?

6 Likes

Yes, there is a topic for it that someone just bounced. Look in #meta

1 Like

That’s seven characters. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

7 Likes

“Chat” has been defined as > 10,000 posts.

6 Likes