Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

I wonder why the fake account says “Joined October 2010”.

3 Likes

Apparently it is possible to take an existing account, and change not only the user ID but also the @handle. So he took an existing account and did that. Apparently otherwise you have to wait 90 days on a new acct before you can even apply for a check mark? Which seems dumb.

7 Likes

Yes, Twitter users have been able easily change a username (Internet Archive) for years. Prior to when that was implemented, people would abandon their previous accounts and make new ones when the username they wanted became available. Now, some people who are leaving Twitter are not closing accounts so they can prevent impersonation.

Before Elon, it was more common to change the display name. Now, verified accounts have had their display names locked for some period of time, even though that shouldn’t be what would fool people. Steven Monacelli was stuck with “Italian Elon Musk” in November.

I guess the advent calendar worked, Elon still had people to fire today.

5 Likes
11 Likes

i too have built a computer.

got all the parts, a motherboard, a case and power supply. nobody appreciates how hard it is to finagle all the screws. and to stick the ram in the slot in the right direction? you’d have to be a genius

11 Likes

From the comments:

Elon, by his father’s recollection then probably 16 years old, and his brother Kimbal, decided to sell emeralds to Tiffany & Co. on Fifth Avenue in New York – one of the world’s most famous jewelers – as his father lay sleeping. “They just walked into Tiffany’s and said, ‘Do you want to buy some emeralds?’” Errol recalled in an interview with Business Insider South Africa. “And they sold two emeralds, one was for $800 and I think the other one was for $1,200.”

The “painful lesson” being they sold the stone in a ring for more. How dare they pay something for craftsmanship.

Here was another story (Internet Archive) which mentions Errol would travel with the kids.

Wanderlust ran on both sides of the family. On holidays, Errol and his kids would travel, he said: to Europe, Hong Kong, throughout the United States. Or they’d take the plane to Lake Tanganyika, where Errol had a stake in an emerald mine. Elon would later get his own pilot’s license but no longer has time to fly.

Yeah… no time to fly…

10 Likes

In that third tweet, he appears to be responding to The Onion, too.

7 Likes
9 Likes

traitor twitter

One more piece of shit in the twitter bowl.

12 Likes

Boy, what sort of an idiot “rebuttal” is that? No one says he had an emerald mine, it was his father.

I guess if I were to make a GURPS character based on the idiot Twitter owner, the most important part would be to dump massive points into his Fast Talk skill. But also give him the Overconfidence and Megalomaniac disadvantages. Basic stats would all be 10 (average).

7 Likes

What was all that stuff he was saying about preventing human extinction?

6 Likes

51 seems young for “old man yells at cloud” stuff

5 Likes

clippy

14 Likes

I don’t know. I think there’s an 8 and a couple of 9s in there too

5 Likes

Jesus wept

11 Likes

I made a slight edit to that.

5 Likes

@iancoldwater: says the guy understaffing an IT department quote tweet @elonmusk: An actual Jurassic Park would be awesome

Or at least when you fire the person who tracked all the lawsuits.

Musk has fired Vijaya Gadde, Twitter’s legal affairs and policy officer, and other senior employees as he seeks to undo what he has criticized as past censorship and partisan bias at the company.

This seemed like one of the more important parts.

The case that Perkins Coie signed on to for Twitter this week was brought last year by Laura Loomer, a far-right activist who was banned from the site in 2018.

The San Francisco lawsuit claims social media giants, corporations and the U.S. government conspired to “unlawfully censor conservative voices and interfere with American elections.” Twitter and its former CEO Jack Dorsey have denied the claims.

7 Likes
5 Likes

It is going to be so hilarious to watch Elon forced to defend Twitter from exactly the kind of false claims he publicly and repeatedly made against Twitter.

7 Likes
5 Likes