Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

I skimmed the article - I assume he was under oath when he said this?

2 Likes

PoS

4 Likes

… didn’t somebody post a map with different colors noting which parts of the country people mostly get around by car vs mostly get around by public transit—and the whole country was one color except New York City :roll_eyes:

I can’t find it now

5 Likes

Haven’t the poor Twitter programmers suffered enough? When will it stop Elon? You monster!

7 Likes

That ass is going to be shaking things for a while.

6 Likes

If they had just come up with a superstition, then they could have gotten the UK government to pay someone to keep the blue bird from leaving, too. (@ravenmaster1 on Mastodon, when?)

7 Likes

the other things to measure are by foot and by bike.

( though you can also link things like food deserts with car use. most people would probably love to walk to the grocery store. meanwhile, grocery store chains make more money off centralized stores than they would with small distributed stores and “redundant” employees. they’re externalizing costs in the name of efficiency.

point being, i guess, it’s not just tesla, the car manufacturers, oil companies, and oil nations invested in our current arrangement. but rather it’s also tesla. )

7 Likes

The thing that makes Tesla unusual among car companies is that so many people were hoodwinked into thinking electric cars in general and Teslas in particular were a truly disruptive technology when they’re really just a way to maintain the status quo in an era of diminishing petroleum.

12 Likes

yeah, exactly my point but better stated.

electric cars are good, but probably better would be meaningful investment in making livable cities ( and things like highspeed rail. ) you’d bring down the use of cars for everyone.

self driving therefore is an illusory carrot to consumers and policy makers. helping to convince people we can automate our way out of changing our infrastructure

12 Likes

Travis Brown is still tracking Twitter Blue signups.

@travisbrown on January 22nd: Updating a quote tweet from the 17th stating 225k current Twitter Blue signups found with an additional 24k new subscribers, just under 10k lost, and 9.6k returning subscribers.

Travis Brown has also been tracking suspensions…

@travisbrown on January 20th: Musk seems to be on a banning rampage this week, and it's largely targeting sex workers.  I've identified just over 22k new suspensions since Monday:

travisbrown: For comparison, the suspension numbers this week are up 70% over the previous daily average under Musk, and are at 2.5 times the daily average in the month before Musk took over.

…as well as which accounts have been restored.

6 Likes
9 Likes

18 Likes

It sounds like his friend spends most of his time lying about his great jobs. And he was stupid enough to believe it.

9 Likes

You might want to look at at that job list again…

6 Likes

Well he didn’t even mention the “job” that he seems to actually turn up to in a failing social media company.

6 Likes

I interpreted “Telecom” as “Twitter”, although that could cover the Starlink part of SpaceX

3 Likes

I thought the second and maybe the “work” he does is actually better characterised as shitposting on Twitter.

I’m wrong again. Carry on!

5 Likes

“I can’t comment because of legal stuff.”

Is that all it takes to get him to shut up?

7 Likes

That posh school boy smirk “were you guys listening?” He wants them there, listening to him.

Only they weren’t. They had to wait outside doing their shitty job instead. So he’s not interested. Off to get approval from a flunkie. And perhaps find an employee to gift a horse to. I mean he’s all dressed up in big boy suit for court!

6 Likes
10 Likes