Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Sorry, I was actually being sarky. He himself is a rent seeker with Twitter. I was merely pointing out a situation where I could totally agree with what he is doing, but which he no doubt wouldn’t. As he’s rent seeking parasitic scum.

1 Like

I guess I still don’t really completely get your point. Real estate leases negotiated in good faith between two large corporations have very little in common with a typical landlord/tenant relationship, and no struggling families are going to be thrown out on the street if the landlord sues and evicts Twitter for breach of contract. But if you’re going to insist on rooting against any and all landlords in all situations then that’s your call.

Tesla’s First Commercial Advertises A $165,000 Model 3, Doesn’t Mention Autopilot

[…]

Tesla made a super long ad using worn-out tropes about what women want in cars (women who historically are less likely to adopt EVs or return to EVs after owning one and are also put off by Teslas in general) in a country where its most basic model is a luxury item in order to sell a few dozen more cars. Good luck on any future commercials Tesla, you’re gonna need it.

1 Like
8 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

There is one line I disagree with in this analysis, though:

the platform that birthed every progressive political movement of the last 20 years

That is just not the case, sorry. Other than this line, he has a pretty solid argument here about what Musk might be doing.

7 Likes

Agence France Presse has heads up from the Commission of the EU.
Also speaks to your last post @RickMycroft

3 Likes

Yeah. Remind me to post the research on the relationship between Twitter and Occupy and Arab Spring (tangential, not involving organisers, participants or activists, and often in different t countries).

That trope needs to die, be buried, and every time it comes back from the bed have a stake out through its heart and bury it in quicklime.

2 Likes

I know in Egypt, the tipping point was when Mubarak cut off the internet… more people came out onto the streets and that’s what made the difference…

3 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes

Seriously, why do we not have a middle finger emoji?

1 Like

It would be such a shame if one of the upcoming Space-X launches from Florida were to fail spectacular, with the flaming debris somehow raining down all over Mar-a-Lago.

5 Likes
However, Mr Dabiri said: "Working with @elonmusk has been highly educational, and it was enlightening to see how his principles and vision are shaping the future of this company."

I wonder how much Dabiri intended to avoid actually saying anything positive, because this quote does a good job of it. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

There is, just not as a reaction :fu:

1 Like

In unsurprising news, more chaos and attrition at Twitter:

3 Likes
10 Likes

For context: Handelsblatt, as the name suggests, is a business newspaper for financial types. Think Wall Street Journal. Not exactly a leftist rag with an axe to grind. If they decided to risk a lawsuit over publishing this, they must have seen merit to the claims.

9 Likes

Reportedly there are only about 3 people still working on the Twitter Spaces team.

3 Likes