Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

You mentioning Trump in this context made me have a horrible thought that actually kind of scares me.

It’s actually a legitimate question now, “Which will last longer, Parler or Twitter”?

5 Likes

For all the awful shit that is Ye, Ye definitely knows how to market, advertise, and get noticed for the right reasons. (Lately more for the wrong, but… still.)

And Ye lets people who know what they’re doing run things. He’s not micromanaging his shoe creation, etc. For that reason I think Parler is the longer lasting of the two, but not by a lot.

SMDH.

There’s nothing even remotely redeemable or admirable about West at this point, and yet

5 Likes

Ye may not be micromanaging his shoe creation but he sure alienated all the buyers. Proportionately he lost more of his money faster than even Elon. I don’t know why we keep giving these right-wing narcissists any credit…

12 Likes

Cults of personality are still cults, yo.

8 Likes

32 Likes

And when they’re men acting out, there’s alway that supposed outside chance that they’re actually playing on three other sides of the 5D chess board.

9 Likes

Yeah, I had noticed that…

16 Likes

Happy Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime

From Ben’s Tweet to Elon’s ears!

8 Likes

So… Why hasn’t anyone spoofed TFG yet?

2 Likes

They have

13 Likes

Aww, they should have faked a real message to get all the MAGAnits salivating.

6 Likes

I mean, this was always going to be a problem with everything going digital. :woman_shrugging: That stuff isn’t as permanent as people believe when you can just turn off a server, and it’s all gone.

12 Likes

Even written documents and legacies etched in stone don’t last forever, let alone…

6 Likes
10 Likes
8 Likes

Yeah I bet there must be a TON of people eager to entrust Twitter with their personal finances right about now.

ETA: this may be my favorite part of the story…

Musk’s layoffs were so rushed that he failed to realize he dismissed staff members “who ran key money-generating products” that “no one else knows how to operate.” In that way, Musk has shown that in his ambition to launch new products, he has overlooked some of the money-making opportunities that already existed on the platform.

14 Likes

it’s true tho

18 Likes

oddly diplomatic description of rank incompetence

6 Likes
5 Likes