Fuck Today, Continued

13 Likes

Since the companies enabling him won’t stop it, maybe alternative anti-hate tactics could.

16 Likes
13 Likes

Of course they knew-they were probably doing it.

Never take apart a 20-year-old washing machine, unless you’re prepared to learn the truth.

Slow chisel and drill work to bust the gunked hub nut loose.

9 Likes
15 Likes
9 Likes

Is this where I confess that I actually love that attraction and the song?

11 Likes

Your penance is 50 Hail Mary’s and 10 Our Father’s.

10 Likes

In keeping with the theme, aren’t there some Muslim, Hindi, Sikh, or Vodou equivalents to add to the mix?

8 Likes

My personal experience of penance only extends to the Catholic variety.

I think for Hindi your penance is deferred to your next incarnation.

8 Likes

TIL a new ugly term: feline cerebellar hypoplasia.

Neighbor is fostering a litter of six abandoned kittens. Several of them are affected by this, probably because their mama wasn’t vaccinated. This little girl is about 5 weeks old and is the worst off of the bunch. Moderate to severe “wobbly kitten syndrome”.

She can maneuver herself into and out of the litter box. She’s undersized and much weaker than her less effected siblings. She needs syringe feeding still, while the others are gobbling wet food and kibble. She’s figuring out how to drink from a shallow bowl, but it’s hard to control her head. She might do better if she learned to use a rabbit water bottle.

She will probably be euthanized. Which is heartbreaking because she is not sick; she has neurological damage.

18 Likes

Well, if you’re Shia, and you participate in Ashura, you can probably fast and mourn… I think in some traditional folk practices, people whip themselves… :thinking:

9 Likes

Look at her pretty little face. This really sucks. Sigh.

Sad Cat GIF by ciervo-blanco

14 Likes
11 Likes
5 Likes

Ugh. I feel you.

During my studies, we had invited guests, mostly collaborators. One was a biofilm expert, and did a talk on the ecology of those.

His example was actually his own washing machine. He took it apart at home and did the research in his lab and at home.

It was horrifying.

His solution was: regular mechanical and chemical cleanings (with organic acids), and once a month a 90°C empty washing cycle with chlorine solutions.

Also, he advocated strongly against communal washing machines and the likes, and said they had rather strong evidence that viruses (including common colds, which include Corona viruses and are said to be deactivated by detergents because of their phospholipid outer layers) were spreading through washing machines because auf biofilms.

13 Likes

Guess I’ll be adding peroxide or sodium percarbonate to my laundry as the pandemics expand. :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

I wonder at flushing that down the drain. Certainly if everyone was doing it, I suspect there would be problems.

I don’t have a lab, but going by my eyes and nose (“It smells like ass!”), that’s enough. It’s going to get a thorough cleaning scrub before reassembly. The worst part is the inner tub, which is two pieces held together by screws. There’s a cavity between them, full of water liquid, which shouldn’t be there, and it’s the nastiest stuff imaginable, and a reservoir of contamination.

Once this machine is back together, I’m going to take the blue pill. “I don’t want to remember nothing. Nothing. You understand?”

15 Likes

And the right blames it on Biden in 3…2…1…

8 Likes