Fuck Today (Part 1)

13 Likes

Minor fuckery:

They cancelled the Nightly Show, & using a tablet to boing SUCKS.

That is all.

17 Likes

Lower your expectations, itā€™ll go down betterā€¦

TobinL just reminded me about bookmarking and I was like, you can do that? (I do 99% of my boinging on iOS and can break Discourse quite easily - the gear () is not your friend, you have been warned.)

ETA: I feel your pain.

8 Likes

You mean like expecting to have my work PC back before an entire freakinā€™ month has passed?

Iā€™ll work on thatā€¦

11 Likes

Youā€™re still dealing with that?!

7 Likes

Sure, go ahead; laugh it up.

Keep in mind that I have a long memory and an avid interest in schadenfreude.

15 Likes

schadenfreudeā€™n calling - my dental hygienist left/quit & the only other hygienist at my dentists office that Iā€™ve ever had the misfortune of meeting was like going three rounds with Mike Tyson.

I have an appointment Tuesday after next. :frowning2:

10 Likes

See?

7 Likes

yea, but, are you back on the network yet?

5 Likes

Get back to me after your appointment.

5 Likes

Contrary to what you might expectā€¦ hereā€™s something you really, really want to see when thereā€™s a fire on the other side of the ridge.

(Not my picā€¦ I was busy soaking the outbuildings with the pool water.)

Theyā€™re calling it 40% contained but more importantly to us, theyā€™ve stopped the northern edge of the fire.

26 Likes

Iā€™ve weathered a few close ones over the years. Stay safe!

8 Likes

This is a large swath of carpet right now. If it looks like cat litter, thatā€™s because it is. There was a power and therefore sump pump failure during a storm and things got flooded. Iā€™ve been contending with moisture in various ways before finally resorting to kitty litter. I may have to rip up the carpet anyway.

In the meantime the area is off-limits to the cats, which have grown accustomed to shitting directly into cat litter for some reason.

23 Likes

12 Likes

I donā€™t actually know where you liveā€¦ But Iā€™d give you a hand ripping that up and replacing with some laminate.

9 Likes

Btw, did I mention I travel with power tools in the trunk of my car? If you are in CA or the PNW and need a hand, just drop me a line.

14 Likes

Since you offered, can you help me move a broken stove about 30 feet, so it doesnā€™t look like my hick relatives have come to live with me?

10 Likes

This weekend? Yeah sure. Message me where and when.

14 Likes

I live in the great American Midwest: AKA ā€œWhy does this house have a basement?ā€

So unless youā€™ve got an EPIC need to listen to all your podcasts in one car ride, I think Iā€™ll gratefully decline the offer. :smile:

Iā€™ve done a laminate job upstairs already and as much as I like it, laminate doesnā€™t like moisture. This basement will flood again. Iā€™d rather put down tile. Itā€™s not my house though, so if I do rip it up, I think all parties involved would probably rather prefer to leave the naked slab where it is for now. Itā€™s a relatively small section of carpet and I donā€™t care about it. I will however, be buying sandbags and a flood alarm.

10 Likes

Okay, thanks.

Will do.

:slight_smile:

14 Likes