Have dolly, will travel.

12 Likes

I was totally gonna ask if you had one.

Iā€™ll have to buy you drinks after.

:slight_smile:

10 Likes

20 Likes

13 Likes

Had colonoscopy. The bowel cleanse was unpleasant. I remember nothing nothing from the actual procedure after I said, ā€œHey I think those drugs are starting to work.ā€ Good news is I donā€™t have bowel cancer. Bad news is they banded hemorrhoids. They hurt a wee bit.

27 Likes

27 Likes

That is good news :smiley:

And thatā€™s a real PITA*. But, not bowel cancer, so still a net win.:smiley:

*Someone had to make a Chalfont joke.

7 Likes

My rear end will testify that it is indeed a PITA. (Oh dear, I actually wrote rare end, good thing I saw that before I hit the button.)

13 Likes

Iā€™m not looking forward to that. For me it isnā€™t about the pain, itā€™s the weird, unnatural feeling procedures like that produce.

5 Likes

You gotta have one too?

4 Likes

the Oasis.

2 Likes

In the next year.

5 Likes

If thereā€™s padding underneath and the carpet is snug against it you headed for problems. Lift the carpet, and rent some big-A fans (the kind that look like squirrel cage fans) at your local rental place (home depot might have them).

7 Likes

Are you still talking about hemorrhoids?

14 Likes

as someone who has an office in a unfinished basement, it is amazing what some light shade of paint will do when applied to the floor and walls. simple and effective.

7 Likes

Painted basement floors are nice. Ditto walls.
Still pretty easy to clean up (when floods happen), and much nicer looking than bare.

6 Likes

So: as mentioned before, CT scan came back clean (yay!).
But then: just got $1000 co-pay bill because the person who did the scan was a ā€œTier 2ā€ provider. Even though sheā€™s a) in the same building as my Tier 1 PCP b) works for the same organization as my PCT c) I didnā€™t know who would be doing the scan until I showed up for said scan.
Health insurance has already turned me down once, now Iā€™m submitting a formal appeal.
Fuck all this with fire.

32 Likes

So not Oklahoma, about which the rest of us Midwesterners wonder: why DONā€™T houses in Tornado Alley have basements to escape to?

11 Likes

Having trouble with the summer home on pluto any chance.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s their new ā€œmoney makingā€ approach - when I got knee surgery a while back, I got a bill from (IIRC) five different companies. Turns out, everyone that touched me technically worked for a different company. Thatā€™s some Grade A BS right there.

17 Likes