Fuck Today (Part 1)

If you think that’s shit, try using it to manage payroll. It costs more, and boy howdy do you get less.[quote=“JonasEggeater, post:1991, topic:67518”]
I’m sure I’ll still be able to look forward to the same people having the same gun debates with the same taking points though. Fantastic.
[/quote]

I really need an inverse GIF to this one to describe how easy it is for me to leave those threads alone:

Something along the lines of, “Please let’s go over this again for the millionth time.”

12 Likes

I’m waiting for them all to turn into meta threads with nothing but links back to canned screeds. (I’m a big fan of links though.)

7 Likes

You have my sympathies if you are doing payroll on QuickBooks. Part of my desire to remain a solo operation is my fear and loathing of payroll.

2 Likes

What’s happening in Nice?

5 Likes

In France? What’s going on there?

eta: Nevermind, I see @xeni’s post.

2 Likes

@xeni just posted an article

5 Likes

I’m tired of this world. I’m sick of authoritarian reactionary arseholes attacking people who aren’t like them.

Starting a commune on St Kilda looks more attractive every day, especially as there is now no-one alive who has lived there permanently. I doubt the National Trust for Scotland or QinetiQ will let me though.

13 Likes

Don’t run away, too many good ones do that and in a generation their dreams fade away.

At least give us a year or so…a non-fading-away-and-instead-growing-quickly option is in the works.

2 Likes

The good news is that civilization goes in cycles. We (as in humanity) have been here before and recovered.

The bad news is that civilization goes in cycles.

12 Likes

I doubt I could, disability limits what I can do and moving to an isolated island in Scotland would probably be a bad move.

My gaming PC is back, admittedly with a far less powerful graphics card. I can get back to distracting myself when things feel like they are too bad for me to cope.

5 Likes

A big chuck of tooth just came out while flossing. Guess the nice paycheck I was looking forward to is going on dental work. Awesome.

14 Likes

Ugh. I hate surprise dental work.

6 Likes

How’s your doggie doing?

5 Likes

Root canal #4, I guess.

British teeth FTW!

7 Likes

I thought that was ancient history. (The one time I tried to get dental work done when I lived in England I went in for a cleaning, and the dentist decided only to clean the 3 or 4 worst teeth.)

3 Likes

Danny’s doing as well as can be expected. He is eating and drinking. Defecation is an issue but we’re adjusting the stool softener dose, and that should do it. The liverwurst suggestion is working well (thank you so much @d_r!) though the little brat still needs to be watched so he doesn’t spit out the pills. :rolling_eyes: Yup, he’s stubborn, just like his owner. But he’s doing well, so far so good.

10 Likes

Administering pills sucks but you get used to it. I was the designated pill giver to administer daily meds to two cats for many years so I know how much it can suck.

You can get an oral pill injector from your vet as a backup for those times when he’s being a real pain with his meds. Just load up the pill, stick it in his mouth, and pop it down his throat. Follow up with treats as needed.

Anyway, glad to hear he’s doing ok. Sounds like he just needs time to heal now. I’m sending best wishes your way.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the good wishes!

And, of course, I really like your post. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

So much yoink!

2 Likes

Can’t retroactively put fluoride in the water… or can we?

3 Likes