Fuck Today (Part 1)

Installing Drupal 7 makes installing mediawiki look like a walk in a park. It better have taken care of its own caching set up or I’m going to go to their headquarters and replace their most valued developer with a screaming child who wakes up at 5AM every morning. :pouting_cat:

10 Likes

I swear some vendors/package maintainers go out of their way to make installs actively user hostile.

8 Likes

NO NO

17 Likes

I am done with 2016.

16 Likes

2016 is the WORST YEAR!!! THE WORST!!!

That’s horribly sad news.

14 Likes

Apparently I totally missed that Michael Cimino died in July, too.

7 Likes

Well fuck.

7 Likes

damn 

3 Likes

Really one of my favorite actors.

14 Likes

His nephew said in a statement, “We understand for all the emotional and physical challenges this situation presented we have been among the lucky ones — this illness-pirate, unlike in so many cases, never stole his ability to recognize those that were closest to him, nor took command of his central-gentle-life affirming core personality. The decision to wait until this time to disclose his condition [Alzheimer’s] wasn’t vanity, but more so that the countless young children that would smile or call out to him “there’s Willy Wonka,” would not have to be then exposed to an adult referencing illness or trouble and causing delight to travel to worry, disappointment or confusion. He simply couldn’t bear the idea of one less smile in the world.

aw, mang

He narrated his own audiobook version of his autobiography Kiss Me Like a Stranger: My Search for Love and Art. I was just looking forward to listening to it, and was bowled over by hearing his voice.

an NYT review of the book.

14 Likes

well.

fuck.

:sob:

7 Likes

On top of the bad news that Gene Wilder died, there’s this bit of fuckery;

This day:

12 Likes

That story is just un-fucking-believable. That poor woman.

11 Likes

and lets add this one to the list…

not only a slap on the wrist sentence but he fucking gets out early.
fuck today.

12 Likes

Karma needs to step her game up; she’s been slacking lately…

7 Likes

Well, that’s a horrifying statement. Mediawiki suuuuuuucks to set up (especially on Windows).

5 Likes

:sweat: I don’t find Mediawiki hard to install but I’ve done it a bunch of times so It’s probably not fair for me to comment. I’m happy to help if anyone needs assistance.

4 Likes

What the actually fuck… I wish I could say I was shocked, but I’m not. That poor woman and her family…

11 Likes

Got my work PC back, finally (after four freakin’ work weeks, exactly.)

How’re your teeth?

11 Likes

Yeah, I ruined it. Gonna spend a few days reflecting. It blows that Ive had the same behavioral patterns my entire life, I know how they work, I know why they are off putting… But they have been impossible for me to change.

While I am deeply hurt, the first step is to not forget what I wrote, what I was feeling, and the positive parts of this fiasco with E.

26 Likes