Fuck Today (Part 1)

Were they the ‘Jesus loves you, c’mon into the kingdom!’ kind or the 'YE WITHOUT REPENTANCE SHALL BURN FOREVER IN A LAKE OF FIRE kind?

7 Likes

My day was pretty good but I told Spotify to play me one of my favorite Aretha songs and when it was done playing the one song, it played me Frank Sinatra. I hate Frank Sinatra. :no_good:

8 Likes

Me too, but I love his music.

5 Likes

Fuck you, again, 2016.

Monty Python’s Terry Jones diagnosed with dementia

26 Likes

I was about 30 windows into my work in the early afternoon when construction a block over demolished three underground electrical lines, knocking out power for over 8 hours. Did I mention that I’d just been to the grocery store, stocking up everything including frozen items?

I’m waiting until tomorrow morning to figure out how much has to be thrown out. Looks like (knock on wood) I didn’t lose any work, just all that time and a bunch of things that needed to be done before close of business on a Friday.

Guess who’s going to be working over the weekend to catch up?

21 Likes

I hate this year.

20 Likes

Yeah fuck today…

10 Likes

So sorry - didn’t see this until tonight. All my sympathies.

7 Likes

Well, I started back on bupropion (Wellbutrin) today to see if it starts putting a dent in the depression.

Not sure if this is more of a Fuck Today or a Victory, but it feels more like the former - because after at least a year of trying to pull out of this spiral, I’ve finally conceded I am just not pulling out of this without more help. On the Victory side… well at least I talked to the shrink and did something about it.

22 Likes

This sucks, but maybe the wellbutrin will help in the long run… so might talking to someone. Good luck!

12 Likes

At first I thought this would be a Victory! entry but I am not so sure anymore.

The good news is that Pakistan started a wide anti-polio program today, they hope to reach over 30 million kids.

But all the Taliban attacks got me thinking, just two weeks ago they murdered a campaign doctor. They argue the polio immunisation is a cover to sterilise Muslims.

Batshit crazy, for sure. But does anyone remember the fake vaccination program in 2010 the CIA organised to find bin Laden?

The backslash started in 2012 after 3 years of successful and unhindered polio immunisation, certainly not only caused by the fake vaccinations but WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Organisations like the Pakistani immunisation program can only work when they are seen as neutral and honest. The CIA involvement was a dick move and is a disaster, Pakistan is next to Afghanistan the only country with polio seen in the wild.

17 Likes

FWIW, bupropion really helped me – I started it in August and my mood is a lot better (although I’m still not clear on whether that was the bupropion or not-Strattera). I did have trouble sleeping and concentrating though, so they added Mirtazapin-ratiopharm to the mix. Hope you’re able to get past this soon, and don’t be afraid to take medications if you need them. (I hate taking them on principle, so I may go it alone if/when everything stabilises).

6 Likes

A not-really, but kind-of Fuck Today. First day of school! Goodbye free time! At least if I do it right :persevere:

22 Likes

Good luck.

7 Likes

Thanks! It was a nice long break, which in some ways makes it harder.

6 Likes

Aye; I know those feels!

But you’ll do well; don’t sweat it.

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

how many more of these till the NRA thinks maybe enough already?

10 Likes

This is a trick question, isn’t it. More mass shootings = more fear = more gun sales. Why would the NRA be opposed to that?

17 Likes

But aren’t the NRA “good people”? That’s what Trump said…

14 Likes

I’ve seen his idea of good people. 10,000 miles and a couple of continents still isn’t enough distance between me and them.

15 Likes