Fuck Today (Part 1)

Holy fuck

6 Likes

I donā€™t even know where to start with how I feel right now. About the best I can say is itā€™s the usual with extra crap added.

11 Likes

Trump is still president and Bill Paxton died.

18 Likes

If itā€™s any consolation, you reminded me how much I like Half Man Half Biscuit and brought a smile to my face.

3 Likes

6 Likes

I hate to see any team in that situation

1 Like

I didnā€™t realize Barry Hearn had sold the club.

1 Like

FEMA says theyā€™ve redrawn the floodplain maps and that they are going to raise my (mandatory) flood insurance by 3% to 12% a year from now on. Iā€™ve already paid them tens of thousands of dollars under the old ratesā€¦ which money they used to rebuild the beach homes of people far wealthier than me after Hurricane Sandyā€¦ but of course theyā€™re going to need more money since they didnā€™t relocate those rich people and their houses will be swept away again in the future, guaranteed.

My houseā€™s foundation is from a late 18th or early 19th century water-powered mill; it was literally was built to have water flow through it without damaging the structure. The dams and races that brought water above the building have been gone since the 1940s, and no part of my house has flooded in living memory, even though we literally had the worst flood in a thousand years less than a decade ago, that wiped out six modern auto bridges and two steel bridges. Our little stream would have to rise twelve feet, at which point it would be literally a hundred times its normal width, before my house could be reached.

For $750 I can get a surveyor to make an Elevation Certificate for my house, and if that satisfies a determination process that is based on environments and buildings utterly unlike mine I can begin the process of map amendment, which will take 18 months or more and will almost certainly require ā€œpersuadingā€ local political figures to intervene on my behalf.

Itā€™s like Kafkaā€™s The Trial. This is why people vote for the Tea Party.

13 Likes

As a denizen of the gulf coast, I sympathize with you. Thereā€™s a reason a hundred years ago only fishing shacks were put up on our sand bars ā€œbarrier islands.ā€

Although in this neck of the woods, itā€™s the fine inhabitants of those (publicly insured) multi-million dollar sandcastles voting TGOP. :thinking:

9 Likes

Explaining for the sixth time to the three year old why granpapa wonā€™t be at his memorial service tomorrow.

18 Likes

I kicked my toe rather badly. Looks like the toe nail will have to be removed.

14 Likes

My government, the most powerful military force on the planet, has been infiltrated by Russians, apparently, and Reagan is rolling in his graveā€¦

AND, my POTUS wants MOAR NUKES!

Fuck today squared.

10 Likes

It looks like Carlisle United will not be getting promoted this season unless they start winning matches again.

12 points in 12 games just isnā€™t good enough for anything other than finishing in the bottom two, never mind the team who are currently third.

4 Likes

Hey mate, the thread is ā€˜Fuck Todayā€™, not ā€˜Fuck Every Dayā€™.

4 Likes

I feel like this phrase has an entirely different meaning.

12 Likes

It all depends on inflection and emphasis.

10 Likes

I agree: A visible inflection is a big turn-off.

ā€¦wait.

6 Likes

Hungary will build container camps for asylum seekers

When Germany opened the borders in 2015 it was not based on an ethical decision, everything was prepared for a massive police and military enforced shut down. Merkel in the end vetoed this because she wanted to avoid bad press.

8 Likes

I donā€™t like the sound of these 'ere Boncentration Bamps.

1 Like

Only posting here 'cos Iā€™ve got nowhere else to do it.

My Tourettesā€™ move around a bit. Sometimes itā€™s physical (hooray for self-inflicted bruising), sometimes itā€™s verbal (been increasing ly stuttery lately, whch is ever ao much fun for someone whoā€™s based a lot of his identity around verbal fluency) [1].

Most recently, my right ankle has stopped working properly. My foot doesnā€™t lift when it should; if I try to walk barefoot, I just grind my toes into the ground. I canā€™t hike, I canā€™t run. I just put myself face-first into a wall.

This sucks.

[1] I just had to correct a dozen Touretteā€™s-induced typos. Ths is why all of my posts are edited.

19 Likes