Fuck Today (Part 1)

I understand completely. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

#ARGH ARGH ARGH

(sorry. my week in office was not the best. nah, strike that. it was horrible.)

15 Likes

This sucks! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, youā€™ll find something better soon!

7 Likes

@renke Very well put, good fellow. (hope it improves)

5 Likes

Honestly, it should last forever. But this engine is made for John Deere by Kawasaki, and it is a sad piece of work. I already had the engine apart once to replace the plastic timing gear. Someone thought it would be a good idea to put plastic parts inside of an internal combustion engine. At least the replacement parts are properly made. To me, it is annoying, and a waste of time. Most people would probably not have the tools, experience, or workspace to do the job themselves, so they would have to send it to the dealership, and waste thousands of dollars on parts that should have outlasted the tractor. It is pitiful.

5 Likes

Plastic? On the inside? Good grief. Itā€™s one thing to cheapen kitchen stand-mixers by switching to a plastic gear set, itā€™s very much a different thing to put plastic gears inside a sealed assembly thatā€™s got that much thermal energy being generated adjacent to itā€¦ What could possibly go wrong??? Thatā€™s beyond dumb.

4 Likes

This past fall, I was really busy and forgot to get my flu shot.

My SO got sick, and so I travelled out tuesday night to take care of her. I started coughing on the way, but anyways, I made her some lovely chicken soup.

Wednesday was when the fever hit me like a truck. 102.3. Thursday it got up to 102.8, then went down to 100.3. I thought I might be through it.

Woke up this morning back up at 101.9, and feeling miserable again.

13 Likes

To add to the OT frustration, I keep checking the tracking number I was given, hoping that perhaps today will actually be the day that they give the shipment to UPS. I hate it when I go to the trouble of purchasing from someone based on their estimated shipping time, paying extra for two day shipping, then they wait a week or more before shipping it. It is a tractor part. When people order tractor parts, they are always in a hurry.

2 Likes

Itā€™s likely nylon, which youā€™ll find in all sorts of internal combustion engines. Auto manufactures have used nylon timing gears for almost fifty years to quiet engines. In a tractor itā€™s a poor cost cutting measure, but the use is not unheard of.

3 Likes

In this case, it is a part that inevitably fails before any other part of the tractor has suffered any measurable wear. It was a terrible idea. I had not heard of plastic timing gear in cars until I read your post, so I looked in some of the car forums. They seem to be pretty unpopular.
I got rid of my last BMW car several years ago because I was tired of replacing the window regulator assemblies when the plastic sheaves failed. After the third set, I was either going to make aluminum sheaves on the lathe or get rid of the car. I got rid of the car.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve pulled several over the years, the only one that had failed was on a Ford Contour. I find many mechanical forums populated by the ā€œsteel is realā€ crowd, no matter the part.

7 Likes

AUUUUUUUGH MY WASHING MACHINE IS NOW LEAKING! Went to go check on dryer. there is a pool of standing water in the fucking laundry room. Not from the water heater. the space between it and washer is fine. under washer. Standing goddamned water.

18 Likes

Carlisle United, you know that rectangular frame with a net attached to it? Why donā€™t you try kicking the ball into it?

They have gone 596 minutes since the last time they scored a goal.

8 Likes

14 Likes

That combination of football plus net is a Benny Hill skit waiting to happen.

(Interesting. Autocorrect thinks Iā€™m more likely to type ā€˜furballā€™ than ā€˜footballā€™. Itā€™sā€¦probably right, there.)

14 Likes

Just a response to myself here and a bit of an update. Washer got fixed. Somehow a dryer sheet got in the water intake. Soā€¦ both yay for it being a simple thing and God I feel like a fucking moron.

18 Likes

Good to hear from you. Dryer sheets - just say no! Vinegar is much better for your clothes.

6 Likes

Wait, I hadnā€™t heard of this. Vinegar as a softener?

2 Likes

Yeah, just throw a cup or so in the fabric softener slot. If you add a drop of lavender oil in, you get a nice scent. The softener sheets add stuff to your clothes that makes them break down faster.

11 Likes

Neat! I will try it, thanks.

2 Likes