Fuck Today (Part 1)

Ugh… that sounds terrible! I’m so sorry! Are there treatments for it?

11 Likes

A day after defending my dissertation, I’m going to the memorial service for the committee member who passed away. But at least there’ll be a blue grass reception after.

20 Likes

Germany, fuck yeah!

Learn from the best!

(peaceful street blockade to stop a right-wing demonstration. the police did not order to clear the street but started without warning pepper-spraying, according to media reports)

17 Likes

Ah darn, why? Not what I expected from our neighbours. :frowning:
[Insert other question swear] What’s wrong, what’s going wrong?

12 Likes

Couldn’t help but notice that even when you take after us, you still don’t go all the way: your protestors’ faces are obscured – something about innocent until proven guilty, I presume – and the police faces are fully visible (thanks largely to not wearing riot gear to take down a handful of pedestrians)…whereas for us, the protestors (including in the background) are not blurred out (except by pepper spray) and it’s the police whose identities are protected by virtue of their required uniform.

14 Likes

I know.
And see it coming. But see for further above.

5 Likes

Also, the pepper sprayers haven sued for damages… yet.

4 Likes

Ah, fuck!

(I’ll will be fine, always do, not now, later)

6 Likes

The professor who died? Here was the project he was working on… bluegrass music in Japan:

It’s wonderful and interesting work…

13 Likes

Depression is hard. I’ve been fighting it for so long that I’ve started just admitting it out loud even if it’s not entirely appropriate. But when a person I don’t trust to admit it to tells me that I look great, it don’t know what to say. I’ve lost 40 pounds because every bite is a fight between self destruction and self preservation. I’m now at a “normal” bmi, but compliments are a double edged sword. One person asked me if it was intentional, and a good thing, and she is an angel of compassion.

26 Likes

Sent my watch to the manufacturer for service, because it had started to lose time after a battery change. Got it back today, after they charged me $735.00. They claimed that they found evidence that it had been serviced by someone unauthorized, and that there were incorrect parts inside. But I have had it since new, and it has been serviced exactly once, by them. I have the records. But the only other option was to pay them to ship it back to me. After which it would be useless.
I know that this is completely one of those “first world” complaints. But I still feel ripped off. Plus, I had to replace a camera this week.

9 Likes

Please see someone who can help. Nobody needs to go through depression when there are treatments available, or just people who care about you and can at least offer emotional support.

7 Likes

Gout.
Motherfucker.
If i have to deal with this bullshit I should be allowed to wear a pith helmet and khakis and drink quinine and live in the tropics!

Apple cider vinegar is magic tho.

26 Likes

Ah that sucks. Once a year or so I get a flare up and it’s just miserable. Who knew brushing against a bedsheet or putting on a sock could hurt so much? What especially sucks for me is it’s usually my left foot and I drive a stick shift.

Indomethacin helps for me to dull with some of the swelling and pain but only so much.

Once I feel the telltale signs, I know I’m going to be in for a week of misery.

12 Likes

A small one. More like a Bother Today.

Stupid mouse has finally given up the ghost. I’ll be glad to see that back of it as it’s been mis-clicking for months now. But I’m stuck on craptop scratchpad which is useless for Inkscape until I can get a new mouse.

Bother.

11 Likes

Medications have proven to be detrimental in the past, worse than doing nothing, but talk counseling is helpful, just not fast. Things are improving, in my life and my mental health, appetite seems to be a lagging indicator.

I appreciate your concern, but life circumstances are… difficult.

19 Likes

Oh yes, drugs and treatments. I am doing them. This isn’t a regular injury. It’s a 3 to 6 month recovery kind of injury. Worst I’ve had. Even the bad knee w/ surgery was a faster recovery than this.

8 Likes

Do you know about 7cupsoftea.com?

10 Likes

It appears that the serial rapist that is working my area has decided to go after children now. The four-year-old has been found, though, and is safe with her family following medical treatment.

It’s not absolutely certain that it’s the same guy, but the vague descriptions are compatible.

12 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about this. I hope they find him fast, and I hope your near and dear stay safe.

8 Likes