Fuck Today (Part 1)

Looks like Carlisle United will be playing against the mighty Forest Green Rovers next season :frowning:

2 Likes

Good friends of mine just lost their 5 year old daughter in car crash. I am devastated. I canā€™t even imagine what theyā€™re going through. I have no idea how their 3 year old will understand it.

14 Likes

Thatā€™s so terrible. Iā€™m sorry.

When will it be OK that they lost their 5-year-old daughter? A very, very, very long time, if ever. Itā€™s pretty much the worst thing. Good luck to you all.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s horrific. My condolences to you and the family.

5 Likes

Giving up broadcast media for a couple days. Or a week. I wonā€™t want to see the weekly round-ups on Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

7 Likes

Good: I have a world-class workshop. It is huge.
Bad: The light fixtures are, on average, 23 feet from the floor. And one burned out
Good: I have a great 30 foot rolling hydraulic lift.
Bad: The lift has been wrapped in a tarp for a year

So I drag the lift out with a tractor, and start unfolding the stays and guards. I am trying to get the safety cage pinned together, using a three foot long prybar, and everything just springs back apart. The prybar hits me right in the face. Blood everywhere. I used some quick clot and did a rough bandage job, and drove an hour to my wifeā€™s practice, where I got stitched up.
A significant part of our lives together has been about me showing up to her place of work with gruesome injuries, which she always takes care of.

10 Likes

Iā€™m about to go and visit the parents of the little girl who died. Fuck, this going to be hard.

18 Likes

We share a bit of their and your grief. Iā€™m so sorry.

My niece just barely survived major surgery. She and her parents will have to cope with medical consequences for the rest of her life, but at least this time, she survives. Nearly everyone among family and friends couldnā€™t do a single thing to help. Her parents went though hell and back, so I have had an idea what the parents you are visiting are going through.
My sincere sympathies.

10 Likes

Quick clot on the face, did she have to scrub out stuff to prevent too much scar tissue or does it all blend in at this point?

#

#

#

#
allergies

ow my eyes :sob:

11 Likes
2 Likes

I had a 14h day, working outdoors in the mountains, and got completely sunburnt despite LSF30 and, subsequently 50.

Then I came to 127.0.0.1 and checked the news. The US are on par with Nicaragua and Syria: they donā€™t want to be part of the Paris Agreement of the UNFCCC.

This burns even more.

15 Likes

I guess being on par with Liberia and Myanmar wasnā€™t good enough.

8 Likes

Hey, at least our military budget is still as high as that of the next 8 countries combined! (Or is it 9?)

7 Likes

8 in imperial, 9 in metric.

11 Likes

Donald Trump Announces U.S. to Withdraw from Metric System

ā€œThe world is built in inches and feet. To keep America First, Iā€™ll protect our workers from a system from Paris. American workers need American rulers!ā€

8 Likes

I was thinking on par with African Warlords but hey what does it matter?

4 Likes

Trumpā€™s giant Fuck You to the future. Listening to his voice as he announces it, he may as well be giving a double bird to the world.

9 Likes

FUCK TRUMP AND EVERY ONE OF HIS GODDAMN INBRED SUPPORTERS!

12 Likes

Re:future, I really wonder what his grandchildren will think of this towards the end of their life. Given they are likely to be cocooned in something resembling a gilded dumpster on fire, with air conditioning and a deli delivery service, and the general advances in medical treatment, they might actually get very old. Letā€™s say we ask them around the beginning of the next century. They might still be able to argue a logically coherent line of thought then.

4 Likes