Fuck Today (Part 1)

Ah. So much bad stuff going on around the world.

4 Likes

I had to be within ear shot of a bunch of Trumpers talking about guns all day at work. “Ohhhh guns!” “Mmmmmm look at his weapon! I wonder what kind it is?” “Semi automatic weapons get soooo hot with firing”… and on and on. It’s like they were talking about each others penises.

8 Likes

No doubt.

14 Likes

No problem. Please do let us know if you have any luck, I sincerely hope so.

3 Likes

FUCK TODAY! Grrrrr!

1. It started off not so great when I realized I’d set my alarm incorrectly for the day before. Only 45 minutes late for my appointment at the Humane Society, but the cats I selected weren’t given away yet. My happiness exceeded my anxiousness at this point.

2. Tried to get a walk-in at a veterinary hospital, so I had to add buses into the straight trolley ride equation. In my lateness, I skipped breakfast and lunch. Got disoriented and went north instead of south, and in my anxiety, accidentally left my backpack with all the cats’ paperwork, two bags of cat food, a burner phone (my second phone line), and a “diary phone” I recieved for a nasal polyp study I started yesterday.
    After 45 minutes, I realized nobody mans the phone for the Lost and Found at MTS on the weekend, so I figured I’d head on to the vet and see if they could confirm from there for the exam voucher.
    At this point I almost broke down crying for putting the cats through this haul (and worried for what I would do without paperwork at the border).

3. Reached the second vet office in as many hours, who wouldn’t do the exam for free without the voucher. As luck would have it, the Humane Society’s phone lines were down, so we couldn’t even contact them for a fax.
    I decided to head back to get extra copies of my paperwork, border checkpoint be damned. My arms were aching from carrying the cats for hours, and I was feeling faint from lack of food and drink.

4. Got my printouts again, the cats got some food and water and a potty break. I readily admitted it was my fault for forgetting my backpack, was really feeling bad for putting the cats through all this runaround.

5. Back to Tijuana with the cats. Border check went smoothly, and we were allowed to ride the collectivo (minivan) taxi instead of having to spring for an expensive taxi libre.

6. We’re now at home, with separate rooms for the cats, and food, litter, and new cat beds. The cats are curious, nervous, but still chill.
    On the other hand, my feet and ankles hurt, I can barely raise my arms, and I’ll probably have a nice sunburn tomorrow.

15 Likes

That is quite an ordeal! At least there was the reward of new kitties at the end :heart_eyes_cat:

10 Likes

Yes! Feeling better today, though my handshake/squeezing muscles are quite sore from carrying the pet crates for so long.

Finding out the older cat is quite curious, and will have to figure out pet-proofing solutions in the near future. She pushed 3 things off the counter in the first 10 minutes! :smile_cat:

10 Likes

20 Likes

Came into the house this afternoon, and there was a small rattlesnake in the dining room, about 10 feet from where my wife was sitting doing her charting. I yelled “Don’t move a muscle!” and ran back out to get the snake hooks. I did get it out of the house without her seeing it.
So it is snake time in the mountains. Goody.

7 Likes

Well, good job with the whole save-wife-from-venomous-snake thing.

I have to say, I don’t mind living in a condo in the sky where I don’t have any snake hooks to run out to get.

6 Likes

I am sure the snake was trying to figure a way to get outside. They only cause problems when people blunder into them. Of course, I oppose snakes inside the house. One of the chief mysteries of life is how they get in, which happens a few times each year. This is the first venomous one that I have seen inside. The odd thing is that my wife never notices them. The most exciting incident was a few years ago. She had been in the small bathroom for about an hour, bathing and doing whatever women do. She came out, I went in, and the first thing I saw was a huge rat snake (5 feet+) along the wall under the sink. Of course it was harmless, but the idea that she had been in such a small space for so long with such a big snake really freaked her out.
But I am pretty good at catching critters. I keep snake hooks and a bucket with a lid handy most of the time. When we lived in the city, I was more worried about whether the neighbors were careful about fire safety.

5 Likes

That really deserves to be used again in some future context yet TBD.

7 Likes

I deal with the same problems with 100%-non-threatening, definitely-not-dangerous-in-the-slightest spiders. Considering the reaction those generate from my 5-year-old, I am incredibly thankful it’s not snakes.

(Though who really knows, maybe my 5-year-old would be more okay with snakes than spiders, it’s not like any of it makes sense)

2 Likes

He could run for office with a slogan like that!

6 Likes

I’ve had it with these monkey-fighting snakes on this monday to friday house.

3 Likes

I live in deep trumpistaan… and to people like many in my family? He can do no wrong. IT’s dirty lazy crybaby libtards that are the cause of every social and moral evil in america and why decent hardworking people like them are getting sucked dry.

They do this because they don’t wantto realize ‘hey we backed A FUCKING MORON.’ They are looking for easy ways that the country has failed them and their families that put the blame on anything other than themselves or their parents.

Democrats make it so easy to hate liberals though by playing ot every us v them stereotye of ‘educated democrats preaching they now better.’ to ‘look at you country idiots here let’s make fun of you no you can’t make racist sexist jokes. Also you can’t shit all over steve and earl because they wanna get married.’ There is this very real ‘white people are the only race able to be made fun of, and christianity is now a minority that is also constantly getting made fun of.’ Looking thorugh reddit and that gets confirmed constantly with posts like ‘oh. you’re christian. well why not kiss my feet talk these anti-sychotics and call me when you stop being fucking mental so we might maybe have convrosation like adults.’

The problem I see is it’s ‘us v them’ constantly. Yes Trump Supporters hold dear to things I don’t like, but we are all in the same boat so shoving them aside just ot feel better isn’t going to help. There needs to be reaching out… how I don’t know given i keep hearing a chorus of ‘libtard nation! we live in the libtard naaatiooooon’ from my stepdad.

I’m tired of being constantly angry. Like today. Today we’re doing general improvements, but even with everyone being reletively behaved. None of the usual ‘hey libtard crybaby idiot moron guess what?’ business. Just me and my stepdad being reletively productive… even with that. Every peep. Every noise. Every half-growl from my braindamaged sister at me has made me want to punch things. This is not healthy as i"m snappish. I’ve gotten two strikes on the warframe subreddit because I’ve been overeager to box. I’ve gotten a strike on the official forum for acting like a jackass when i felt shoved. Being angry costs me what little social awareness i have.

nd i have no damned idea how to stop reflexivly ‘well fuck you I’m going to tell you why daring to talk about me is a horrifyingly bad ida because i hate you blah blah blah blah rabble rabble snarl snarl.’

5 Likes

Sorry you’re going through all that. I have a long list of relatives I can’t talk politics with, but fortunately I don’t live with any of them. That must be really hard.

6 Likes

I understand. I wish I had more words, but I just keep deleting them.

3 Likes

CR48 might finally be toast.

OK so the hinge fails. FIne, this is known problem go get epoxy to do a repair. So I get epoxy and when doing a teardown I do a final switch on/off to make sure i have everything seated correctly before applying (since i want to make sure if any epoxy accidentally goes where it shouldn’t i haven’t permanently sealed a cable in a bad spot’ and the monitor turns on, but displays no information. As in ‘blank’ ‘on.’

I see no mangled cable spots. I’m not sure what might have come loose. Yes it is an old underpowered machine, but it is mine. I wish to keep my things in as good a condition as possible.

3 Likes

I woke up this morning and Ospreys had shit all my new car. WTF? I mean it was like they were trying. Crazy birds.

10 Likes