Fuck Today (Part 1)

11 Likes

My gaming PC, which i have been trying to keep going until I have the time and energy to properly repair it has finally stopped working. It will get to the desktop but will then BSOD within 5 minutes.

6 Likes

Heat / fan issues? Summer can aggravate cooling problems

1 Like

Possibly, but it already had PSU issues from the dodgy power at my previous house and there was a power cut on Monday while it was running. Itā€™s also not that hot here (26Ā°C tomorrow, too hot for me with the British humidity but probably not for a PC)

1 Like

My grandparents kept a sharpened hoe, for lopping off the heads of timber rattlers and copperheads from a distance. I like your method better!

1 Like

The food (whatcha making, dinner and otherwise or whatever it was called) has closed. Where will I boast now?

6 Likes

4 Likes

Start a new one!

7 Likes

Not so much a Fuck Today, more a follow on to my previous post.

My gaming PC is a write off, the motherboard keeps having intemittent failures. It couldnā€™t even run Windows in safe mode without having a BSOD. My second drive had itā€™s file system mangled beyond recognition (not critical data, and itā€™s not like I donā€™t make regular backups anyway).

I have a temporary loan of a PC from a friend until I can build a new one for myself.

5 Likes

We are in the middle of renovating the basement bathroom.

One, concern we had had was that the drain line that the shower used is sluggish. And lately, if the dishwasher and the washer are draining at the same time, it would almost or actually overflow.

So, plumber time.

Short version: drain line to the street is sagging filled with tree roots. $7000 and I lose my favorite blue spruce.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve never done that

1 Like

Iā€™ve done it onceā€”surprisingly easy. You can start a new topic from the bbs home page.

Orā€”in the words of @orenwolf from his meta post Change to inactive topic expiryā€”

ā€¦in the event there was some old topic you wanted to continue, simply start a new topic from the last comment of the closed thread.

My own advice, from experience: Taking care to narrow the topic, and being clear as you can about what youā€™re inviting people to discuss in the thread, leads to better discussion :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As long as they have the backhoe out there, couldnā€™t they relocate the spruce?

1 Like

Too big and too costly. I like the tree but 7K is enough of a wallet beater.

2 Likes

So guess who gets to have another DVT related surgery. I had three at the start of last month. Now the stent they put in is being compressed. all because of May-Thurners syndrome. Look it up, itā€™s lots of fun.

4 Likes

Today is OK.

Saturday could fuck right off.

My dad had a heart attack. And as I was trying to get down there, I had to go pick up my meds and went when the whole Pharmacy team was out to lunch, and then they didnā€™t have it ready, even though I dropped it off like 6 days before.

Anyway, hes doing fine. Came home Monday. Hes in great shape for his age and before this was on one pill. He cholesterol is fine, but he got a blood clot in the ā€œwidow makerā€ artery. When you get old shit like this just happens some times and you canā€™t really prevent it. But they got him in quick put in a stent, and there doesnā€™t appear to be any damage or after affects. So while I donā€™t recommend having one, if you are going to have one, what happened was the best case scenario.

14 Likes

Because fining homeless people with no money is the most effective way of stopping people being homeless.
/sarcasm

8 Likes

Iā€™m sorry that you had to through all this, but Iā€™m so glad that your dad is doing well.

6 Likes

I know there are a lot of other big problems in the world. I know that I probably shouldnā€™t be drinking it in the first place. But fuck this.

5 Likes

Welp, I guess I need to go and stock up for the better half.

2 Likes