Fuck Today (Part 1)

Please don’t dismiss your fear/anxiety as being somehow less than what’s going on in others’ lives. Best of luck for Danny’s surgery: fingers crossed it all goes well. Woof woof Danny!

15 Likes

Hope Danny is doing well and is in post-op recovery right now. Let us know how he’s doing whenever you have time.

12 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss.

13 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss.

13 Likes

At 3:50 I got the call, they’re giving Danny his IV in preparation for surgery. Though instead of just repairing the perineal hernia on the right side, they found a weakness in the left side wall as well, so they will be operating on both sides. :frowning: In about 3 to 4 hours I should get word once he’s stable in recovery.

15 Likes

I hope he comes through okay!

11 Likes

Good luck!

7 Likes

So, so sorry for your loss. Do take care of yourself. All the best to you.

10 Likes

Just got a call from the surgeon. Danny’s out of the operation and seems to be doing ok. She was concerned about the muscles on the right side being weaker than she expected. It’s a scary thing when the doctor sounds worried. But she says as long as we keep him on stool softeners he should be okay. (I sure hope so as I don’t think I could afford another surgery down the line, this is already straining the bank accounts and I’m sure it’s no picnic for the dog either.) They’re keeping him in recovery tonight and depending on how he does I can bring him home tomorrow or Wednesday.

27 Likes

Yea! My elderly cat was on stool softeners for eons. It seems like other problems contribute to this, ahem, routine.

4 Likes

He’s been on lactulose for the last few days and it seems to be working fine. Reading up on this online I’ve also heard of adding Metamucil or pumpkin to the animal’s diet. Danny’s not too picky about food so that would probably work. >sigh< I’ll be happier when he’s home but if his muscles were in worse shape than anticipated it sounds like surgery may have been a good call after all. Now he just has to get through the recovery.

10 Likes

Oh geez, somebody didn’t take the books back to the library while I was in Yurrup. 23 books x 10 days x 25 cents a day. Time to go throw myself on the mercy of the head librarian. Hope she’s in a good mood.

16 Likes

She will be once you pay the fine…

12 Likes

Fucking quickbooks. I should have listened when my accountant told me it was a bad idea. All I use it for is generating invoices, receiving payments, balancing the bank account and tracking sales tax collected. I just spent a fucking hour trying to get a payment to apply. All the way. To all the parts. Without reverting back for no damn reason. It shouldn’t have been that hard. Piece of shit.

I considered Freshbooks this Spring, but it would have meant changing a bunch of things about my workflow. I made the wrong choice. I should have gone with Freshbooks. I hate Intuit.

15 Likes

In addition to being terrible, they’re also the kind of jerks who will lobby to keep tax filing as miserable as possible so they can keep selling software to help you jump through all the hoops

12 Likes

My dog Danny is at home, but he’s not a happy camper. (Which is completely understandable, but hard to deal with.) He’s panting, which is either due to pain or how hot it is today, not sure which. I did give him meds-- and for the first time ever, he repeatedly rejected a pill wrapped in a bit of bread and butter. (I think i got it in him but it was a real fight.) And he just tried to shake the cone off his head. Right now we’re sitting out on our front porch, enjoying the breeze. He’s settled down some. I know this will get better with time and healing, I just hate to see the little guy hurt.

18 Likes

I’m glad he’s home because animals feel better when they’re in a familiar place. Panting might be due to a combination of pain and stress. Keep us updated!

11 Likes

Could also be the stress of being uncomfortable.

Upthread I detailed my travails getting my dog to take her pain and stress meds after getting back from the vet; all the tried-and-true methods failed for me. What finally worked was: cut a disk out of a crescent roll the thickness of a pill. (I used a Pillsbury pop-up, but a real croissant or sufficiently aromatic bread might work too.) Poke a small slit in the flat face and insert the pill. Smear liverwurst on the two flat faces. Feed to dog.

Good luck!

6 Likes

My moms got Parkinson’s. I feel your pain and sorrow.

8 Likes

Oooh, liverwurst is a great idea! So far bread-and-peanut butter is working better than bread-and-butter but I think I’ll be going to the store tomorrow. :blush:Thank you!

5 Likes