Fucking NY Times

Know what? They deserve credit for this one. The headline provides critical context when they theoretically could have written something like “Citing security concerns, Trump floats idea of delaying election.”

14 Likes

https://twitter.com/th1an1/status/1291857698770882563?s=21

7 Likes

Don’t disappoint me, MoDo. We need one column about how Joe Biden is actually more of the woman on the ticket, and Kamala Harris is more the man. You have it in you! I know you do!

11 Likes
12 Likes
3 Likes
13 Likes

“Only”.

14 Likes

So, about 1 in every 200. That’s acceptable I guess at Notre Dame and the NYT.

Some of the classes have about 100 students. So imagine someone into every other classroom and shot one student or teacher at random. I’m pretty sure that caper would get stopped long before the shooter reached 60.

Incidentally, this could also be why USA is so reluctant to make meaningful changes to prevent school shootings (could have been worse, amirite?)

11 Likes

Way to make it seem like college students have some illegitimate concerns about a pandemic, NYT…

“Freaking out”… :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

For those unfamiliar with the context:

9 Likes
8 Likes

US proxies used to (still do I think, recently in Brazil) grafiti “Jakarta! Jakarta!” in order to frighten local populations and workers’ groups to say that they could get away with genocide there too.

4 Likes

The Consensus Must Be Manufactured.

12 Likes

The NYT Editorial Board published a whole special section laying out the case against Trump today, and they aren’t pulling any punches.

I don’t think I’ve seen anything quite like it from a mainstream news organization; one damning central Editorial that begins with the statement “Donald Trump’s re-election campaign poses the greatest threat to American democracy since World War II” and builds from there, with a series of ten different supporting Editorials each focusing on a single aspect of his horrific legacy like “his racism” or “his corruption” or “the pandemic.”

14 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

NYT’s random rules for names really sets my teeth on edge. For some people (never women) they’ll use the full formal name with middle initial, Jr, etc, like Stephen K. Bannon rather than Steve Bannon, and for the rest they don’t.

3 Likes
1 Like

The story in question is about white Georgian voters who are being “forced” to vote for Trump because of how afraid they are of Dems encouraging lawlessness. It neglected to mention that at least two of the 12 people they interviewed for the article are Republican activists.

Also:

14 Likes

Correction October 24, 2020

An earlier version of this story incompletely referred to the author as a journalist. He is also an employee of the National Republican Party.

12 Likes