Fucking NY Times

https://twitter.com/joseonhimbo/status/1349832255351492616?s=21

https://twitter.com/joseonhimbo/status/1349832498268819459?s=21

Keep in mind that most people never read past the headline, and that the NYT is completely aware of this.

Reminder, again, of where the “blame China for Covid” bullshit came from:

14 Likes

Cross post with Attempted Coup in the United States: Tracking Investigations and Fallout

Aaaaaaand, the honeymoon is over, -18 hours into his administration.

Eschaton

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Back On Their Bullshit Already

(narrator: they never got off their bullshit)

Atrios at 18:59

Penny Arcade

The rant is worth your time:

It is about everyone who, in this time, can’t crawl out of their own assholes even for a moment.

11 Likes
18 Likes

Wow.

The New York Times reporter wanted to know why President Biden had not extended what he called a “fig leaf” to Republicans.

And that is Ivy League schools in a nutshell.

7 Likes

a “Fig Leaf”?! what? to cover their (Rep’s) naked fascism?
talk about almost Freudian mixed metaphor!
the phrase reporter was looking for would be “…extend an olive branch”, no?
either way, the answer should be a resounding NO!

15 Likes

Hahaha! I didn’t even catch the mixed metaphor bc I was so annoyed at the question, but that is HILARIOUS!
Imagine if she’d answered, “we are actually more concerned that they wear proper face coverings at the moment, but we’ll look into distributing some genital coverings if those are also needed.”

10 Likes

It was easy to miss in the, what, six paragraphs of conservative grievance bullshit? She needs to put an egg timer on her podium.

They are still much, much too nice.

6 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! Just ask the effing question already, you’re supposed to be a professional.

6 Likes
14 Likes

Wow. Read the whole thread. It’s heartbreaking

8 Likes

I regret I only had one subscription to unsubscribe from, and that happened over a decade ago. I’m currently on subscription -435 or so.

8 Likes

What really makes me mad is that people are equating her opinion posted on Twitter with the op-ed page literally not even reading Cotton’s article and publishing it solely to fan the flames of division for ad revenue. Free speech absolutists have such little ground to stand on that they cannot differentiate any form of speech in making an argument.

6 Likes

interestingly, she herself says please don’t unsubscribe.

what’s wild to me ( by which i mean totally expected ) is that she didn’t even say she was happy biden won. she was expressing awe - or even possibly trepidation – in the face of a historic moment.

i guess the truth is reporters can’t have feelings unless they’re angry white men yelling. :confused:

( edit: oh yeah: and as she points out, what was that about cancel culture again? )

14 Likes

I don’t get that. Journalism can’t be done anywhere else? Because the NYT has shown itself to be, as an organization, a supporter of white supremacy and oligarchy. Many of the journalists there aren’t, but you can’t dodge the fact that the paper itself is.

6 Likes

yeah, maybe if it weren’t a call to unsubscribe but rather to move your money to support a different news outlet?

i support my often questionable local paper because otherwise who exists to cover local news? i know that’s somewhat different at the scale of the nyt, but maybe some of the same sort of rationale applies.

5 Likes

Jesus, I just realized I’m spending close to $350* a year on journalism (more if you count the comic strips).

And not one red cent to those smarmy fuckers.

* Upped to include PBS.

2 Likes

I think it might be because of this from the original thread of tweets:

If you ever in the future read a story about a woman who literally takes their clothes off in public so they can cover someone else’s body because they’re cold, rest assured. That woman is Lauren.

She has a heart so big that it’s making me fucking cry to think this happened!

3 Likes

Her Twitter account is down btw. No idea whether she deleted it or Twitter did.

1 Like

how do you mean? i can still see all her tweets, and there’s a retweet she posted from about an hour ago from nyt guild ( union ) saying they believe she was fired despite the terms of her contract, and that they are investigating.

4 Likes