Fucking NY Times

fknnyt

:thinking:

13 Likes

Mysterious indeed.

10 Likes

This bot is an amazing public service, because you can watch the dissembly in real time. The start of the thread:

And the end:

With a whole lot of bullshit in between.

15 Likes
12 Likes

maxwellsmart_missed_it_by_that_much

Missed it by that much!

7 Likes

Weren’t the vaccines already near enought to phase two when they wrote that? The BionTech was initially formulated a couple of weeks after the gene was sequences. So beginning of March I think.

At this time last year we were looking at autumn this year as a return to normal for the rich North.

4 Likes

Kirk: “Scotty, how long to create a vaccine to counter this Klingon virus?”
Scott: “I can have something ready for ye in 13 years.”
Kirk: “You have 13 months.”

5 Likes

The table lists several vaccines candidates:

Right, now, the choices in the US are

and in other countries, a few otherss are avaialable. What happened to the rest?

(also, I just read the patient information for the dose of vaccine I’m reciving tomorrow:

WHAT IS THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE?
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent COVID-19. There is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19.

The ten year timeframe is for an FDA approved vaccine.

4 Likes

The visual shows the distribution of a vaccine as November 2033 under normal circumstances. Since it’s an interactive visual you are able to manipulate all the shortcuts, and yet it still predicts 2024 as the earliest possible year for distribution.

(I think the Times believed, like most of us, that the Orange one would screw this up.)

3 Likes
6 Likes