Gawker alumni are crowdfunding to outbid Peter Thiel for control of Gawker's assets

I can’t say I’ve always been fond of them either. But I’ll take the shitty, kind of asshole friend who still manages to be at least decent on the balance, over outright evil and blatantly hostile enemy shitheels like Thiel any day.

Plus, they’re not aiming to be entirely the notorious old Gawker. They’re aiming to be that old, adversarial Gawker that did good work, while shedding the shitty behavior and nastier impulses that gave them their prior infamy. I’m willing to give them a chance to prove it.

I don’t expect you to put much weight behind it, since I’m just some rando from your perspective, but I have some faith. I don’t personally know the people involved - either the announced ones, or the unannounced ones that I can’t really talk about - but I know them by reputation. They’re good people, and they want to do good work. And if they’re saying they don’t want to just be another gossip rag, they don’t want to be the Gawker of old, They want to bring the Gawker name back in glory, not infamy - then from their reputations, I believe them, I’m willing to back them and give them a shot.

1 Like

Not really, he stayed in office till he died of cancer. All it did was embarrass the city on a global scale.

I think it stalled his agenda somewhat. We definitely heard less from his inner circle as the evidence stacked up. It also helped me on a very personal level, as I got to be all smug with my right-wing family members who gave me a hard time for opposing him.

The only thing that stalled Rob Ford’s agenda was Rob Ford.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.