Genocide, not genes: indigenous peoples' genetic alcoholism is a racist myth

Yet you’ll continue pushing it, independent of truth. That’s what’s fucked up.

1 Like

I love snuggling!

Pushing WHAT, exactly? And could you please furnish this “truth” of yours? I haven’t seen it.

Pushing that there are genetic differences in groups? RACISM! People are different! RACISM! Different groups have special needs! RACISM! God, I hate the damn internet.

I’m sorry, its only racism when you attach a value judgement to it. Its ignorance though, when you ignore differences and hide problems so you can look understanding and politically correct on the internet.

A part of solving problems is recognizing our differences, and the special issues that different groups have to work with. Furthermore, recognizing that alcoholism is a large problem in some groups, shouldn’t we try to look at all the factors, and not just the ones that give us warm fuzzies? In the end, I suppose, it doesn’t matter why alcoholism is a problem, as long as we recognize that it is. Though, this obviously, would be hampered by not trying to understand all of the causes, for fear of being branded a racist.

Not that I really give a shit about that last bit anymore. There is no possible way to avoid be branded as some sort of *ist by internet reactionaries; it is best to just ignore them. Which, I obviously, am not doing here, to my detriment. Go me, feeding the trollies.

2 Likes

White folks?

Who are they?

2 Likes

If you don’t like cheap Chinese shit, stop taking the moral high ground on your ipad/iphone or whatever.

We’re all guilty, hypocritical and so on.

Add to that racist, misogynistic ( misandrist…not to forget the ladies) and fuck me, homophobic…and we have the complete modern human.

1 Like

Those convinced by white supremacist ideology that they “are white.”

And of course, as James Baldwin said, “as long as you think you’re white, there’s no hope for you.”

1 Like

James Baldwin? Alec Baldwin brother?

Hahahahahahahaha!

Not much of a reader, are you?

2 Likes

Ah, just making things up, as per usual. Adopting narratives you are comfortable with, without concern for truth or not is certainly racism.

Pushing things that are not true because you appreciate the stereotype is a thing that makes a racist.

If you were half as interested in facts as you were in how others perceive you we wouldn’t be having this conversation about willful ignorance.

1 Like

2 Likes

Oh, he’s not?

Well aren’t you a Poe.

Is insinuating racism the new Godwin? Did I miss the memo? If you read my actual comments you would see that I don’t think ANYTHING about this topic is in anyway comfortable. I have great concern for the truth, by the way, though you seem not to, since you have not supplied a single bit of “truth” to the contrary, just handwaving ad hominem insinuations of some character defects that you seem to be primed to find. Perhaps this world-view (everyone is racist) makes you feel good about the complicated, dirty, mess that the real world actually is.

Is me saying that certain jewish groups have a predisposition to certain diseases antisemitic?

Says the person who offers not a single fact, and only a stream of ad hominem attacks. Obviously you are an exemplar of insightful conversation and debate.

Just so I’m not calling the kettle black (oh dear, how racist!):

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/AA72/AA72.htm

and, just for fun:

Which actually attempts to separate “race” as in “racism” from race, as in “population genetics”, even if it isn’t strictly about the topic at hand, it is a decent read and might help enlighten people like you on the differences between internet newthink, actual racism, and science.

1 Like