God damn you 2020

What a rip off, I can get those for free.

12 Likes

From the President, even.

6 Likes

https://longnow.org/seminars/02014/apr/22/helping-revitalize-city/

ETA: brief but good obit here:

4 Likes

46 is a terribly young age to die… but we’re OK with Holacracy, though?

1 Like

Details are scant but it’s reading like about a week ago a house he was staying at caught fire and he suffered critical injuries as a result. What an awful way to go.

5 Likes
14 Likes

oh dear. this saddens me deeply. I was fortunate enough to meet Trixie up close 7 years ago. it seemed sad, such a magnificent creature in confinement, no matter how many gallons it holds, she was enormous.
it is at the very top of my bucket list to dive with whale sharks in the wild. they are so awesome and beautiful.
RIP, Trixie.
ETA: I hesitated to :heart: your post for the very sad content, but did to appreciate the information. that needs to be known.

14 Likes

Never been to Atlanta, but I got to see whale sharks in Churaumi Aquarium in Okinawa, and it was an awesome experience.

2020 had been a crap year for zoo animals here in Tucson, although with one exception they were all well over their natural life expectancy. Still, I think all pretty hard in an organization that had just gotten a major bond passed and had expected to be busy with an exciting expansion instead of shut down and mourning. Hopefully next year will be kinder to them.

8 Likes

2020 must be difficult for dogs (& other creatures with sensitive noses), what with everything and everyone reeking of sanitizer and disinfectant and whatnot.

8 Likes
7 Likes

He was human and imperfect.
He tried some new things.
He made mistakes.
I still think some of his ideas are worth considering.

As a person sharing some of his heritage, it was refreshing for me to see someone who looked a bit like me running a company that had some good points and did some innovative things.

8 Likes

I stand corrected.
It’s gonna be a long decade.
Garry Kasparov weighs in. He’s good at spotting these kinds of things:

15 Likes

Could have! But probably not! Probably?

9 Likes

24 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes

14 Likes
14 Likes

In the plus side, at least a few Kremlin salaries will be paid this month.

4 Likes

Sigh

And here’s a particularly dreary SMBC

13 Likes