God damn you 2020

So - no Baretta tie in?

6 Likes

As much an insufferably awful person as this guy is, this is still pretty terrible. He’s barely older than me, FFS.

6 Likes
8 Likes

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1254512

The boxes also have the establishment number “EST. 7721A” inside the USDA mark of inspection.

Oops.

The product is being recalled because of potential contamination with “extraneous materials, specifically pieces of glass and hard plastic.”

Nestlé revealed that these products could “pose a choking or laceration risk and should be not be consumed.”

Sage advice.

4 Likes

When I was at culinary school some one thought it would be faster to overload the dough divider and the safety glass cover exploded. At dinner that night I got a roll with a nice mouthful of glass chunks. Apparently, the instructor had decided that just tossing the part of the dough with visible pieces was ok. The school was very lucky that I discovered the problem before those rolls made it to any of the restaurants on campus.

14 Likes

Okay, and I’ll pay $20,000 to have whoever it turns out to be thrown to Dave Bautista.

8 Likes

He probably has a briefcase filled with fake leg tags, blank credit cards, and currency from seven different nations.

5 Likes

I was expecting that story to end with a list of all the people who were expelled or fired…

1 Like

An international brib of mystery as it were.

3 Likes

Probably ready in case something goes a fowl.

3 Likes

Ouch.

Also, TIL Netflix still rents DVDs. :eyes:

19 Likes

In all seriousness, I hope his family still gets their cat back while he’s doing hard time. I wouldn’t want the cat or rest of the family punished for his criminal stupidity.

9 Likes
10 Likes

Yes. There is lots they don’t have streaming that you can get via DVD.

11 Likes

i maintain my dvd subscription for the simple reason that of 140+ dvds on my queue there are exactly 3 of them available on the streaming service.

what can i say, my tastes are sometimes far from the mainstream.

13 Likes
8 Likes

Turchin’s theories seem to echo the Ehrenreichs’ theory of the so-called “Professional-Managerial class” and that our current problems are the result of factional infighting within this group over the allocation of positions of power, which results in ignoring the more fundamental problems of the broader working class

6 Likes

It must ultimately be about the “working class,” right?

or maybe not

1 Like

That was not a fun read. I find myself not having enough knowledge of the field to decide whether to take this seriously or not. If only we had a historian to help out! (@Mindysan33, you are our only hope!)

8 Likes

I’ll read through it later and let you know what I think…

11 Likes