Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

23 Likes

Everyone on BB saw what you did there!

5 Likes

That’s tremendous! :star_struck:

2 Likes

CBS Sunday Morning did a report on Hope Chicago today. Such a positive story - thanks for sharing it!

12 Likes

I have missed feelings about this kind of stories. In my opionion, we should not feel good about billionaries’ charity or gofundme campaigns to pay medical bills, quite the opposite. We need social justice, free education, and health care for all.

10 Likes

I agree with this, but at least some students and their families won’t have their dreams delayed and denied until those who want a strong social safety net take control of our government spending. If billionaires put their money to good use helping others to succeed, it’s better than the wasteful, selfish pursuits we see more often in the news - or here.

18 Likes
8 Likes

that is true stephen colbert GIF by Obama

13 Likes

I am moving this from “Fuck Today” into “Good (Encouraging) Stuff” because the surgery was a success! My little girl was very brave and she has a brand new lens in her left eye now. It will take a while to adjust, and they’ll need to operate on her right eye later this year, but for now she’s doing all right.

35 Likes

May her future be full of light and beauty.

20 Likes

This is a really wonderful thing!!!

18 Likes
31 Likes

That looks like nice straw to grasp.

11 Likes

Well they shut down their stock market today

and Maersk is considering stopping shipments to Russia.

At some point that has to start affecting billionaires.

15 Likes
16 Likes
16 Likes

Great news! I’m so happy to hear that it went well. Thank you for the update!

12 Likes

Great to hear this!!!

Happy Megan Mullally GIF by Will & Grace

13 Likes
11 Likes

Update: Today, they took off the eyepatch and she is as energetic and spirited as ever. We had been preparing for a weeklong stay, but the doctor says that she can come home on Friday!

Thank you everyone for all of your support! It’s meant a lot to me to be able to share this scary time with everyone.

29 Likes