Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

I think I’m in love!

8 Likes
10 Likes

That’s lovely. What a nice place to live!

5 Likes

Scenic spots on or near water is why I cannot stop watching Cruising the Cut:

7 Likes

LATimes: Federal agents seized a cellphone belonging to a prominent Republican senator on Wednesday night as part of the Justice Department’s investigation into controversial stock trades he made as the coronavirus first struck the U.S., a law enforcement official said.

15 Likes

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

ETA: Wait, on second thought…Why Burr? And why now? Maybe because:

Then, tonight, we learned that the FBI served a search warrant on Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) for insider trading in stocks in the early days of the coronavirus pandemic. A warrant for a senator would have had to be approved at the highest levels of the Department of Justice, where Barr holds sway. Burr is not the only senator who made exquisitely timed stock trades after hearing a private briefing for senators on the dangers of the coronavirus; Georgia Senator Kelly Loeffler (R-GA) did, too, along with one or two others.

So why Burr? Remember I mentioned that the Senate Intelligence Committee agreed with the Mueller investigation, and that It was due to release the final volume of its report soon? Burr is the chairman of that key committee. If he is discredited enough to lose his chairmanship, McConnell will get to choose his replacement. And it’s a pretty safe bet the committee will no longer support the conclusions of the Mueller Report.

Source:

12 Likes
10 Likes

Less misty sheeps:

7 Likes
10 Likes

Well now god’s just mocking us.

5 Likes

Alas:

13 Likes

Ha! Well ok, the more you know. Thank you, really saved me the disappointment.

10 Likes

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.

4 Likes

For like the last 50 years!?

6 Likes

I wish it was true; I was getting ready to tell my kid that we should go up on our roof tonight, but when I went to look for details about time frame, I saw all the links refuting it as misinformation.

I guess we could still go up and look at the stars…

12 Likes

As I recall, when they announced the “dawning”, they were jumping the gun somewhat…

4 Likes

Aw, man.

18 Likes

It’s always darkest before the dawning of the age of aquarius.

10 Likes

Well,then, it should be, like, tomorrow, right?

(Edit: To clarify, if it is going to get darker than this, man, I want off…)

10 Likes

Well, when people mention Nineteen Eighty-Four it’s almost always in the context of Big Brother, or thoughtcrime, or the telescreens. (And more often than not, from the political right.) But I can’t remember anyone bringing up the book’s depiction of the rough quadrilateral that the perpetual war was fought over. That’s what stuck with me, though – it was actually happening. (EDIT: That, and the real reason behind the Floating Fortress.)

But to stay on-topic:

5 Likes