Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

I’m still off Doritos, but I wish there were some homegrown alternatives to Cool Ranch.

9 Likes

If you stop eating junk food for awhile, the cravings will eventually go away. :wink:

9 Likes

Catholic priest brings stray dogs to the church and finds new homes for them.

20 Likes

Dunno how it tastes, but . . .

8 Likes

Hmmmm

sarcastic good mythical morning GIF by Rhett and Link

4 Likes

Awesome. I think this is probably worth the investment of a small home fryer.

6 Likes

26 Likes
16 Likes

Just in case:

2 Likes

Glad to see he’s staying positive and moving on. Looking forward to his next project:

16 Likes

The only female whirling dervish in Afghanistan got out, thanks to the French:

The Taliban consider even male dervishes to be against their extremist version of the religion.

20 Likes

VA tells veterans discharged under ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ they are eligible for all VA benefits

19 Likes

I didn’t see a place for “Cool (Fascinating) Stuff” so this is the next closest place. I found this article absolutely fascinating. It’s definitely going to work its way into my World History classes.

Given that the city was completely destroyed and then not reoccupied for around 600 years, I suspect it is the source for any number of ancient “and then the Gods smote them” stories.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-97778-3

ETA from the article, regarding sources of ancient stories:

There is an ongoing debate as to whether Tall el-Hammam could be the biblical city of Sodom (Silvia2 and references therein), but this issue is beyond the scope of this investigation. Questions about the potential existence, age, and location of Sodom are not directly related to the fundamental question addressed in this investigation as to what processes produced high-temperature materials at Tall el-Hammam during the MBA. Nevertheless, we consider whether oral traditions about the destruction of this urban city by a cosmic object might be the source of the written version of Sodom in Genesis. We also consider whether the details recounted in Genesis are a reasonable match for the known details of a cosmic impact event.

19 Likes

Cool!

6 Likes
17 Likes
19 Likes
15 Likes
22 Likes

Damn I hope so.

17 Likes

The EU, (and by extension the rest of the world, given the bloc’s size on the world market) may finally be winning the war on little dongly things.

https://douglasadams.com/dna/980707-03-a.html

14 Likes