Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

On that set so the cameras had the blocking done and the lights etc…

2 Likes

I think you could probably assume that they’d done the blocking, but not the actual dancing, before the actual shoot happened.

9 Likes

I am willing to go on the record and say that even if they’d spent 100 hours practicing that specific dance on that specific stage…they’re still the best at what they did, and it shows.

19 Likes

I’ve long wondered why the onus for this has always been on the workers, instead of those who employ them.

DHS chief directs immigration authorities to halt workplace raids and shift their focus to ‘unscrupulous’ employers

19 Likes

Because the truth is that the employers want to keep immigration difficult, so that they can have an exploitable workforce via undocumented workers.

18 Likes

Let’s hope this brings more positive change…

17 Likes

I never thought of bank workers being oppressed or mistreated. Ok, I guess. Union dues go towards dry cleaning white shirts?

11 Likes

Absolutely. My point is that people have a tendency to describe Black athletes as “naturals” which makes a mockery of their dedication and professionalism. If this looks unrehearsed and spontaneous to you, that’s artistry. Not nonchalance and haphazardness. Not only do I believe this is heavily, meticulously choreographed and rehearsed (including the camera movements and lighting) but I’m pretty sure it’s also not even one take.

Fred Astaire would have noticed that when he said it was the greatest ever. And he would have spent days shooting single dance sequences too.

Not a pro in dancing, cinematography, choreography, or direction but I’m not entirely ignorant of the stage either.

7 Likes

That’s 10 times since August 2020!

8 Likes

Ars est celare artem.

2 Likes

Any employee can be subject to exploitation. Programmers often command high salaries, but also often work very long hours. And of course bank workers are not paid nearly as well as programmers.

Unions aren’t just about compensation and benefits, but about empowering workers to have a stronger, collective voice in the work place. That is necessary for anyone working for a wage.

20 Likes

Indeed, “but they make so much money already” is frequently invoked whenever the idea of programmers unionizing comes up, and it kind of bothers me because a) it definitely ignores the full function of unions, and b) “they make so much money” isn’t even close to a universal truth to begin with.

17 Likes

Ryan Reynolds Deadpool GIF

Unionize all the professions!

14 Likes

Same here; the Nicholas Bros were iconic - total masters of their craft.

RIP

11 Likes

And aren’t most of them tellers? Not a big money gig.

15 Likes

Probably… and yeah. Not tons of cash in that.

12 Likes

As an education professional are you a member of NEA or some other union? Granted NEA’s mission is focused on K - 12 they do have a higher Ed segment.

5 Likes

I am not (as I’m at the college level), but the Campus Workers of America now have a local here that I’m going to join eventually.

13 Likes

Indeed. Most people forget that the few perks and stabilizing benefits that they (reluctantly) get from their employer, whether unionized or not, come from the struggle and sacrifice of labor unions.

17 Likes

Check This Out GIF

11 Likes