Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Good thing we have facts to counter such narratives…

16 Likes

Saved an entire capital city from nuclear annihilation, housed countless people, eradicated a deadly disease?

Guy’s a god damn superhero!

14 Likes

That interview is a wonderful read. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: for him!

8 Likes

Looks like a huge step towards human limb regeneration.

13 Likes

I’m glad this year’s docket won’t be entirely bullshit here in GA…

13 Likes

29 Likes

I was wondering why this bill has the same name as a couple of different federal acts, but this explains it:

The bill would require insurers meet parity standards that have already been set by federal law, but haven’t been typically enforced in Georgia.

Glad to see they’re working to improve this, and hoping more states are making similar changes. Just as in other critical services, we need more oversight in mental health systems.

12 Likes
22 Likes

Saint Barbara approves!

Barbra Streisand Comedy GIF by Turner Classic Movies

11 Likes

I was not aware.

9 Likes

You didn’t know that? Really elevates the GPK if you ask me!

retro garbage pail kids GIF

8 Likes

I only act like I know everything.

9 Likes

Not sure what he’s vaping, but he does portray himself in Maus as an inveterate cigarette fiend. I think he also refused to give a lecture somewhere because he wasn’t allowed to smoke while lecturing. :woman_shrugging:

Edit: I gather your focus was on the GPK, not the vaping. Oops, carry on my friends!

8 Likes

When I saw him live, they made a point of mentioning during the introduction that Art was allowed to smoke on stage (and would), but the audience wasn’t able to do the same.

I had no idea about the Garbage Pail Kids, though. That’s neat to learn.

5 Likes

Not so sure if this really qualifies as good or encouraging at this point…

6 Likes
18 Likes
19 Likes
20 Likes

I’m glad to see the superintendent isn’t letting critics go unchallenged. Based on past reports about problems at VMI, he’s definitely got a battle on his hands with alums and donors who want to keep their traditions of racism and misogyny going by using social media to gain support.

13 Likes

Huge legal victory for the environmental movement: A DC Circuit Court ruled that Biden’s decision to offer 80 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico for oil and gas leasing violated federal environmental laws. The court said that the administration did not disclose the greenhouse gas emissions that would result from the largest lease sale in history, and grossly underestimated the climate impacts and risks to Gulf communities.

20 Likes