Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

11 Likes

space agency officials said the images and other data would include the deepest-field image of the universe ever taken—looking further into the cosmos than humans ever have before—as well as the spectrum of an atmosphere around an exoplanet.

Holy shit, this is exciting!!

16 Likes
7 Likes

Excited The Child GIF by Disney+

17 Likes

… and … yet … we … must … :yawning_face: … wait … until July 12. :slightly_frowning_face:

Then we all get to look at them …

9 Likes

Marked on calendar. Bolded on calendar. Highlighted on calendar. Ok, ok, I think that might be enough. Nah, set reminder on phone.

13 Likes

Inspiring Tats:

7 Likes
10 Likes

INT-02 was approved with an amended version of the original overture, which recognizes that the “government of” Israel’s laws, policies, and practices regarding the Palestinian people fulfill the international legal definition of apartheid.

INT-13: On Designating May 15 as the Palestinian Nakba Remembrance Day was approved with an amendment to the motion directing the Presbyterian Mission Agency, and not the Stated Clerk, to make the designation. It also added the comment that Palestinian Nakba Remembrance Day was included in the 2021–2022 Presbyterian Planning Calendar and will appear in future versions.

INT-10: A Call for Ending the Siege of Gaza and Collective Punishment of Innocent Palestinian and Israeli Citizens passed unanimously with no amendments or comments added to the overture.

8 Likes
14 Likes
18 Likes

Whoops

Oh My God Reaction GIF

14 Likes

A “first time” victory for a private citizen over asshole cops and city… and in Texas, no less.

14 Likes
14 Likes

Unrelated, but I just want to say how much I love yle’s cookie policy. One button, “only necessary”.

10 Likes
13 Likes

Europe is so much better at that than we are. And by Europe, I’m also including the Nordic countries!

9 Likes

I don’t think this is actually more than a sweet story for one specific child, but I’m glad to see that the original Brandon is still working to try to disassociate himself from the hatred attached to his name now:

10 Likes
12 Likes

Summer Games Done Quick 2022, a video game speedrun marathon for charity, just concluded early this morning. It raised just over $3 million for Doctors Without Borders. You can see the videos of most of the runs on YouTube (I think the runs from Saturday evening and Sunday morning will be uploaded soon.)

A couple of the runs I watched and enjoyed include:

• the Super Castlevania IV race (this reminded me how much of a pain the Clock Tower was when I was a kid!)
  • the Final Fantasy VI Randomizer race
  • Pokemon Emerald Randomizer (4 player co-op, with Pokemon evolutions forced after every level up)
  • the absolutely ludicrous DEEEER Simulator: Your Average Everyday Deer Game
  • Chocobo GP, and
  • the Ocarina of Time TAS. It’s amazing how much the TAS can do with what’s on an unmodified OOT cartridge.
5 Likes