Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Many Scientists Now Say Global Warming Could Stop Relatively Quickly After Emissions Go to Zero

8 Likes

Happy Birthday Greta!

Free at last. :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Obligs;

It’s still better than if he had just retired and spent that money on a McMansion.

10 Likes

Obvs.

But maybe every cheering of a rich person who tosses some money to the peasants should be accompanied by demands that peasantry be abolished.

Philanthropy exists to launder the reputations of the rich, and every round of applause for the latest tossing of some pocket change perpetuates that process.

I think we should ignore wealth-suckers who are only doing what they should do when they give at least some of it back.

8 Likes

There’s a vested interest in maintaining the status quo of ‘haves vs have-nots’ that is as old as humanity itself.

7 Likes

Indeed. But I’d rather not play by the unwritten norms established by the haves for the rest of us when I can avoid them. I’d rather highlight them, than go along with the fiction that they’re invisible.

7 Likes

He worked with a billing company for several months after closing to try to collect payments from his former patients, but soon made a decision to stop reaching out.
“Over time I realized that there are people who just are unable to pay,” Atiq

“What is crushing debt to you, is literally not even worth my time to try to collect.”

I mean, he probably could have sold the debts to a collection agency for a couple hundred grand and made his former patients’ lives a lot more miserable, so good for him for not taking that big final step into the dark side.

7 Likes

This one may be a close second.

13 Likes

So, along with top US General Mark Milley’s November speech about not taking an oath to a dictator or tyrant, there’s this.

I hope Trump and other traitors get the hint.

10 Likes
13 Likes

73327770998d68bc9ac095bbc0a088542471d80e

11 Likes
14 Likes

For those times when seldom is heard an encouraging word.

11 Likes
17 Likes

:green_heart:

9 Likes
13 Likes

good stuff, alright! Flamingo returns to Lower Keys!
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/florida-keys/article248293180.html

hmmm… Miami Herald doesn’t box?

9 Likes

L. Lin Wood . . . says he is representating [sic] her in connection to defamation matters

11 Likes

Alahmnat_017

8 Likes

This is good, right?

Pelosi says she spoke to top military leader about curbing Trump’s power to launch a nuclear attack – live

9 Likes