Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

GOOD! Reminds me of my mom when she and I went to visit a cousin in Bushwick section of B’klyn. A drug dealer came up to us before we entered the building. He offered his wares. My mom: “Why don’t you sell some to your mother.” He said nothing and walked away. (It’s like that when you’re the second oldest among six brothers, I guess.)

6 Likes

Oh, come on, you know this is not the first time Rand has been told to “get fucked.” I have to say, though, i actaully hope he never ever does, in fact, get fucked again. He does not deserve it.

12 Likes
14 Likes

Also…

10 Likes

For sure not the first time.

5 Likes

Police say 77 of them are a part of the Ghostface Gangsters street gang. It’s one of the fastest growing gangs in the country and a group mostly made up of white supremacists. The crimes range from attempted murder, drug trafficking, to aggravated assault to an officer.

15 Likes

Do you remember her?

Just look at her now:

18 Likes

re. Grannies… Hell’s and otherwise…

My wife’s godmother, :new_zealand: NZ born, long resident in BC :canada:, was a founding member of the Raging Grannies, which I now see has gone international. She recalls, albeit cautiously, that she suggested the name.

So yeah, you don’t mess with the wrinklies in my family either…

11 Likes

If it’s true, and because of working conditions, yay!

7 Likes

That would be good! Though as the article says,

Burger King employees reported that they were just too short staffed to operate so the manager closed up early… And forgot to lock the door behind him.

Weird that no one reporting on this story found out what actually happened before reporting on it. :confused:

9 Likes

Ugh, my brain blipped over that middle paragraph.

4 Likes
14 Likes
20 Likes

27 Likes

I really like that!

11 Likes

That reminds me… have you read Annalee Newitz’s book The Future of Another Timeline? It’s about a gender war carried out via time travel. It turns the whole “we must preserve the time line trope” on it’s head…

Me too!

13 Likes

Unfortunately, as an engineer, I’ve studied the concept of hysteresis. The whole “butterfly effect” thing is hogwash. :frowning:

However, small actions consistently applied over time can have massive effects. So there’s an upside.

14 Likes

Thank fuck for that. Horrible concept, even worse movie franchise.

That’s also potentially good; what we do now can make a difference in the future.

10 Likes

No but thanks for the tip, sounds great!

6 Likes

For example:

16 Likes