Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

7 Likes
15 Likes

Can other countries get in on this too?

18 Likes

We need that in Chicago, so we don’t have to give that jerk a $1M real estate tax refund.

15 Likes
17 Likes

Cue FOX/NRA calls to have Biden Administration help gun makers in some nebulous undefined way that wouldn’t work in any case. All for show: “Biden Puts Mexico Ahead of the USA!” I can see the GOP crowding around that one for warmth.

4 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes

One of the reasons I think this article is about good/encouraging stuff is that it mentioned there will be fewer of the low-end jobs, which are most dangerous – such as abattoir work – but the new jobs will be safer and almost certainly pay better. Plus, of course, fewer animals killed:

12 Likes

Foo Fighters battle the Westboro Baptist Church with disco.

:rofl::man_dancing::rofl::dancer::rofl::man_dancing:

10 Likes

I’d expect Eddie’s audiences to be quite sensible about vaccination, but the people on the buses into Toronto would be less so. Pity.

9 Likes
17 Likes

They do a decent job of suppressing insects in my garden.

15 Likes

They do a decent job of suppressing insects in my garden.

We have families of regulars, sparrows, robins and cardinals. The sparrows were guests in the bird house for a few years. One year, a chick fledged much later than the others and I was quite impressed that Mummy sparrow came back to feed it, with the rest of the brood in tow. They spend the winter in my hedge, eating the birdfeed and looking like little fluffy Christmas ornaments when it’s cold.

On the other hand, the robins harvesting the elderberries always makes for a mess. Everything in Ontario is having (in contrast to the west) a fantastic growing season, possibly the best I’ve seen here in 15 years. Harvesting our elderberries over the past two years has been made more exciting for the robins by our new cat, Vanta
 who doesn’t seem to weigh much more than a robin
 and is not as sneaky as she thinks she is

Score (based on purple stains all over the place, after two days), Robins: Pounds of Berries, Vanta: 0

at least the cat will sleep tonight

10 Likes

That’s great, as long as they’re also willing to be flexible with the student’s schedule?

Also, it think Publix does similar stuff for their workers? Not full tuition, but still:

9 Likes

30 Likes

This made my day. Thank you.

9 Likes

High school freshman learn about gerrymandering and proceed to show how to gerrymander Ohio so that it ‘looks’ right but actually skews Democratic.

This is similar to how Indiana does it, except of course to skew Republican. It looks like perfectly appropriate boundaries, but it’s actually ‘pack and crack’.

18 Likes
21 Likes

Very cool! I am surprised there is no mention of his great grandfather, especially given his interest in horror and producing horror films

15 Likes