Google's talking AI is indistinguishable from humans

I can not be the only person here picturing an automated taco dispensing robot, based on that name…

11 Likes

If the robot overlords are taco dispensing ones I am so so so good with that.

8 Likes

You got 3 out of 4 correct. (You missed #3.)

I fell in love with a Tacotron once, but she was in love with 659 others, simultaneously, and then she suddenly ghosted us.

7 Likes

No, no - it’s Tocotronic.

1 Like

Those were my guesses too.

This is so Old Hamburg School, it burbs.

Burns.
Burns.

Ok, it burbs.
German is a dish best served cold. And you haven’t heard Shakespeare if you haven’t heard it in the original Schlegel…

3 Likes
1 Like

Well, two things are for sure: one voice belongs to a human-ish bot, and the other a bot-ish humanoid.

11 Likes

Wait a minute. Why would they have a human and a computer-generated voice sound so alike? No difference in accent, tone, or anything, just subtle differences in emphasis in the sample phrases. So they trained the AI using that particular voice actor’s speech patterns? I’m not so impressed unless it really is out-of-sample speech generation.

And then I’m wondering, why did they pick a voice actor who sounds so robotic?

1 Like
1 Like

via Imgflip Meme Generator

4 Likes

But what you’ll get is a horde of robocallers trying to sell you cheap schampoo.

2 Likes

I like the first voice in each of the four examples. Now what does it say about me?
I doubt that the “AI” wouldn’t cut itself in a longer conversation though. I’d still like the human more because, just imagine: the “perfect” woman.

Ummmm…none of them sound human…

4 Likes

Yeah, I thought the human voice was the first of each pair.

1 Like

Would you like your downfall on flour or corn tortillas?

The voice of World Control has never been so delicious!

5 Likes

Flour, please.

Brought to you by North Central Positronics, in combination with Skynet and the Umbrella Corp.

NCP%20Evil

2 Likes

3 Likes

All of the samples sound artificial to me.

Apparently, I am a machine with a defective pattern recognizer.

That’s not a surprise.