GOP Congressgangster Ralph Norman does not regret pulling a loaded gun on constituents from "Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense"

The constituents were saying mean things about his gun, the snowflake wanted to show them it was a nice, gentle, law-abiding gun.

10 Likes

Except they kind of are. Humans come in all shades of crazy. With guns readily at hand the results are plain to see.

8 Likes

The proper response would have been “Nice gun, may I check it out?”

5 Likes

One has to wonder what the response would have been had the assembled women likewise pulled out a multitude of firearms. Anyone care to bet he would immediately scream that he was being threatened? After all, a conservative white man with a gun is obviously good, a liberal woman, person of color, etc. with a gun is a threat that must be immediately neutralized!

14 Likes

What could possibly go wrong?

7 Likes

While studying up on the gun laws in my state (Colorado) I discovered that according to C.R.S. 18-12-106(1)(e) throwing stars and nunchucks are illegal to possess in public except for the purposes of “an authorized demonstration.” If being transported to said demonstration, they must be contained in a “closed, nonaccessible container.”

It’s a class 5 misdemeanor to have improperly-contained nunchucks.

14 Likes

That’s what people thought when a candidate bodyslammed a reporter last election. He still won. Unfortunately, it seems that as long as there’s an (R) after their name, Republicans don’t care how repugnant the candidate is.

10 Likes

Don’t forget the requirement of being part of ‘A well regulated Militia’ as well. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

see, this is where the point that guns are the problem enters the picture.

if it was a literal flag or just about any other object, he’d just be an asshole. but, it’s not any other object. it’s a gun.

if you are carrying a gun into a public setting you are making a safe situation dangerous.

the gun is the problem. the laws need to target the problem. the guns. the owners are secondary.

16 Likes

IIRC This policy was at least partially reversed in the recent omnibus spending bill.

3 Likes

“Partially reversed”? So will the CDC be able to assemble positive stats, but not negative one? That would remind me of a job advert I saw in New Scientist years ago, where National Distillers were looking for a researcher to carryout a study in to the “Positive Effects of Heavy Drinking”.

4 Likes

Giffords was shot from behind. There’s no way she could have done anything, no matter how well armed. And, shooting into a crowd would have been reckless. Bullets can pass through one person and into another, so no matter how much of a sharpshooter you are, the chances of collateral damage are extremely high.

6 Likes

whynotboth.gif

4 Likes

These ammosexuals like to imagine that if faced with a real active shooter situation they’d instinctively spring into action like a combination of John Wick and Han Solo.

14 Likes

But I remember that when Gabby Giffords was shot one of the other lawmakers present was carrying a gun and did not use it to defend himself and Giffords. The reason he gave was that he couldn’t be sure he wouldn’t harm bystanders.

13 Likes

Once again, gun extremists demonstrate that, fundamentally, they identify with the shooters. And want others to do the same.

6 Likes

I’ve heard some pretty horrifying stories about the physical intimidation used on lawmakers and lobbyists striving for gun control. Being accosted in the parking lot on their way home, late night phone calls with no one on the other end, just real bullshit high school hijinks, it’s clear that the other side is not interested in playing by the rules.

5 Likes

See, this is why everybody needs a gun people, if they had all had guns when he pulled his out and made a stupid argument then maybe some of those other people could have pulled their guns out and made a stupid argument but because they didn’t have guns they didn’t make any stupid arguments.
It sure would have been impressive with a lot of people waving guns around making stupid arguments.

8 Likes

Gun control will never be debated because the people who don’t want to debate it already own all the guns and very clearly show they’re not afraid to use them.

It’s fucking wild west, except when you came into town in most “wild west” towns, you had to hand over your six shooter to the sheriff before anyone’d let you get a room.

9 Likes

And why would he regret it?

It’s not like he’ll go to jail.
It’s not like he’ll be arrested.
It’s not like he’ll lose votes.
It’s not like he won’t win reelection in a landslide.

5 Likes