Had enough of 2016 already? Welcome to 2017

Would you like to see the end of 2016? In this thread, we can agree that 2016 is over and done and a bright new 2017 is here.

Inspired by @the_borderer, who asked, “Can we just cancel it and make tomorrow the start of 2017?

Happy New Year!

10 Likes

Happy New Year! :fireworks: :sparkler: :tada: :confetti_ball:

Ow. My Head. Feels like I been drinking for the last 4 months solid.

12 Likes

At least no beloved celebrities died during the last four months :dizzy:

7 Likes

That’s just from all the desk thumping that you have been doing since the election of el Presidente Drumpf.

4 Likes

Don’t expect 2017 to be any better. The brutal, inescapable truth is that the ever-increasing diversity, growth, and propagation of pop culture means that an ever-increasing number of talented people are now center-stage and in the public spotlight, most of whom intend on making their share of that spotlight a career.

We have so many living celebrities today and we’ll have proportionately more in the future. Brace yourselves.

10 Likes

Generalissimo. Chutzpah be upon Him.

3 Likes

Haven’t you though?:wink:

2 Likes

Should we start a 2017 BBS Dead Pool?

That way, at least we can derive some fun from the the death of our beloved cultural icons.

2 Likes

Mel Brooks is 90…

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not going to play ahead. Too many of my cultural icons and public figures are getting old. Skipping ahead four months isn’t going to improve the outcome.

3 Likes

Oh, I think you have many lives.

5 Likes

Peter Gabriel says he’s working on a new album. I’m a bit concerned it’s going to be his Blackstar.

As time marches on, I’ve got to wonder: is 2017 slated for THE END OF THE WORLD / Second Coming by any significant religious groups. How far back the the Jehovah’s Witnesses move it this time?

He’s got to stick around for a while… we just lost Gene Wilder… they don’t get to go in the same year.

4 Likes

I don’t know of any predictions for 2017, but the world was supposed to have ended this past July:

3 Likes

Nope, we’re apocalypse-free for the next few years.

3 Likes

Well then, let’s party like it’s 199—err, like we’ve got a while to enjoy ourselves and take it easy.

3 Likes

They keep predicting the end, and it keeps not coming…

1 Like

Yeah, okay. In the meantime, I think I’ll help myself to another glass of bubbly!

Wow, was it supposed to be all pretty and techni-color like that?