Happy Mutants food and drink topic (Part 1)

14 Likes
7 Likes

Wow, that would place it as only hundreds of years newer than mead! Certainly a discovery that changes the discussion around both. And both seem to have originated in China.

9 Likes

I’m more surprised by the rice (rather than millet) than I am at fermented beer.

5 Likes

Linguine Monster! ( seen on my plate last night)

6 Likes
6 Likes

9 Likes

Spent hours yesterday making pasta sauce and salsa. Also started a nice, no-knead country loaf which I finished this morning.

I didn’t score the surface so it swelled up like a balloon!

Still yummy though!

17 Likes

Made blintzes, since it’s Rose Hashana. Going to make some challah in a bit, and maybe a honey cake. Will do brisket either for tonight or tomorrow, or maybe both.
Have a sweet and happy new year, everyone!

11 Likes

If you haven’t tried the brisket recipe from Binging with Babish it’s probably the best Ashkenazi brisket I’ve ever had. Though I’m not Jewish, I’ve had plenty of brisket. My Jewish friends saying the same is what got me to try it when I had a brisket to use up over the winter.

10 Likes

12 Likes

And just down the road at Home Depot… :thinking:

tumblr_o1kti4iTUA1upzdz4o1_500

Hmm, tough choice!

10 Likes

this one wins for the integrated ice cooler.
when the beer’s gone and ice melted, just hit the flush handle to douse the coals.
10/10 for design, alone!

11 Likes

Good one! Probably pretty efficient too!

2 Likes

No matter what type of grill ( see above :joy: ) I use, today is Korean short ribs. The sauce is a home made Katsu and Gochugaru. Substitutes I have used are Soy Sauce and sriracha.

13 Likes

That looks delicious!

Tonight’s effort: sauerbraten.

14 Likes

Horse or beef?

5 Likes

Beef. Horse meat isn’t really available in grocery stores here.

6 Likes

Close enough. But where is the gravy with the raisins?

5 Likes

I used pumpernickel instead. Different regional variation.

5 Likes